Lake EMS or EVAC Central FL

SunshineCamo

Forum Lieutenant
I live in the Central Florida area and I'm looking a 911 job but I'm not terribly interested in becoming a fire fighter (no offense to any fire fighters, just not my cup of tea). The only two non-fire based EMS system in my area that I'm aware of are Lake EMS and EVAC. I don't much about either dept and their websites aren't very helpful.

So I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these companies or might have other recommendations. Thanks!

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
I know guys who work at each (and after stalking your post history, I'm assuming you work at AA as well).
Lake is a better employer by all accounts, but that also means it is harder to get hired there.
Apply at both, but get ready to be disappointed if you aren't a medic or nearly finished medic school.
If you don't have any EMS experience, I wouldn't even bother.

Both places have an option on their websites allowing you to sign up for email alerts when they are hiring.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

SunshineCamo

Forum Lieutenant
I know guys who work at each (and after stalking your post history, I'm assuming you work at AA as well).
Lake is a better employer by all accounts, but that also means it is harder to get hired there.
Apply at both, but get ready to be disappointed if you aren't a medic or nearly finished medic school.
If you don't have any EMS experience, I wouldn't even bother.

Both places have an option on their websites allowing you to sign up for email alerts when they are hiring.

I do work for AA so I do have some EMS experience. I'm about half way done with medic school and I was under the impression neither dept would be hiring before I was done anyways. In all honesty I suppose it doesn't matter I would take a job with either dept since I'm obviously not in a position to be picky. Thanks for the input.