LA county minimum wage

JohnnyB101

Forum Probie
Hey guys this might be a stupid question but LA County minimum wage is suppose to go up to 12$ this July so I'm assuming the lowest rate LA county companies can pay us now is 12$.... Correct ?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey guys this might be a stupid question but LA County minimum wage is suppose to go up to 12$ this July so I'm assuming the lowest rate LA county companies can pay us now is 12$.... Correct ?

Yes goes up to $12 July 1st.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Here is the chart. They are supposed to give you 3 seperate paid sick days as well that can't use any of your vacation time.
e2f6f9dd1695ee64aa9876640d0a986d.jpg

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks guys appreciate the response .
No problem. Ayone provider that does any kind of work in LA city say like an ift drop off or pick up and your station is in some other town, they have to abide by these wage rules.

Jdog

Forum Crew Member
No problem. Ayone provider that does any kind of work in LA city say like an ift drop off or pick up and your station is in some other town, they have to abide by these wage rules.

Are these wages for LA city only? My company picks up in some cities in LA county but were based in OC. I havent heard anything about a possible raise.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
All of them. You drop off there or pick up you have to abide

Jdog

Forum Crew Member
All of them. You drop off there or pick up you have to abide

Wow, looked it up and you are correct. Thats weird, I hadnt heard a thing from my company at all and usually an incoming raise is major news.

Jdog

Forum Crew Member
Okay, found out how companies will get around it. First, its only in unincorporated areas of LACo, not incorporated cities. Second, they only have to pay you $12/hr if you work more than two hours/wk in that area. So if you run one quick call and get out, they dont have to pay you more. Third, they only have to pay you $12/hr for the time your in the unincorporated areas (past 2hrs/wk).

Source: http://file.lacounty.gov/SDSInter/dca/241117_EnglishFAQsWEPColorsUpdated3-4-16.pdf