know anything about hall

band aid man

Forum Crew Member
OK so I had a interview there awhile back when I did it laft a bad taste in my mouth the person interviewing me came off like it was a attack on me not a interview I hear its a good place to work but I'm trying to figure out #1 don't know how they pay #2 I hope not everybody is like that pretty rude lady and #3 how bad is the SSM I know u don't do stations is that insanely hard and what are the shifts like over there

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
It is difficult to read what you're trying to say and ask.

It seems like you had an interview there that went poorly. You want to know how much they pay, the culture of the company, and candid opinions on SSM and shifts.

Am I correct?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
1) Proper sentence structure is your friend
2) English is your friend
3) learn how to use a period, it, too, is your friend
4) many agencies want someone who has a good grasp of English, in both written and spoken forms.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
The pay is above standard for California EMT positions. A ~10% across-the-board raise is coming Jan 2016. I already make $2-3/hr more than my last EMT job.

I cannot attest to any perceived attitudes you may or may not have experienced. Everyone here is generally very nice.

The SSM is what it is. Everyone wishes they were in a station all the time and ran only a handful of calls per day. The reality is, this system is high call volume, on average. Our SSM is no different than any other.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Search option is your friend. There is tons of info on Hall in this Forum if you take a little time to research your prospective employer. Also we do have 14 stations usually with 2 units each that don't SSM. So idk where you got the info, that we don't have stations.