Katrina in MS

medicstudentchris

Forum Ride Along
Hi ALL,

I just got my power back on and an able to stop for a minute and give somewhat of a report. I live in Jackson, MS as some of you already know, but we caught
HE LL here. Not near as bad as the coast or N.O. but it was bad. We sent 6 Extra trucks and the sprint truck and trailer to the coast a few days before the hurricaine hit... Some of the trucks we sent aren't ever coming back... we got a report that one of them is on its way to cuba via the gulf as we speak, luckily the crew got out before it got washed into the gulf, and another one became a convertible ambulance after a tree fell on it. Anyway in our three county area that we respond to which includes Hinds, Madison, and Rankin counties, on monday at 2:00 pm we pulled every truck off the street because of the winds. At around 7:00pm we were cleared to go back on the street and we were toild we had aprox. 89 Priority 1 calls holding and 7 of them were codes. not sure if this was a true statement or not as some people seem to exagerate in these situations, but as we went back up it seemed like it was 189 calls holding. We worked as long as we could possibly work went to sleep at the station and went right back to work. It has been a long few days. I hope I haven't just rambled on and gave some info to people who might like to know. I haven't gotten much sleep so I hope that everyone can understand my jibberish. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts! We REALLY appreciate it. Keep Yall updated soon!

Chris

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Glad you are okay. Thoughts and prayers goes to everyone there, victims and volunteers.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Glad to hear you are OK.

Jon