Just some first time questions

MediKate88

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone,

I have been invited to a preemployment test and if I pass I get an interview right then and there. I worried about what's going to be on the test as well as interview questions. Basically just wanted some advice.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
The test is going to more then likely just be judging your knowledge on whatever level you are trying to get a job for. The interview you can expect it to be like others. General questions about your past, situational things, why you want to work for them. Blah blah.

Advice? Just be prepared, sit in front of a family member or friend, and have them ask you interview questions. Seems lame, but it helps. Also a good handshake goes a long way.

OP
OP
MediKate88

MediKate88

Forum Ride Along
Thanks,

I am applying for a paramedic job with no job experience. So I have to really prove a lot. I'm just hoping the questions are like NR.

mperniciaro

Forum Ride Along
Good Afternoon MediKate88,

Was there any indication of what type of pre-employment test is being administered? Could it be an interview to gain information on your past employment, why seeking employment, etc. or is the test a general ems test with scenarios?

OP
OP
MediKate88

MediKate88

Forum Ride Along
Good Afternoon MediKate88,

Was there any indication of what type of pre-employment test is being administered? Could it be an interview to gain information on your past employment, why seeking employment, etc. or is the test a general ems test with scenarios?

They said was written exam and there would not be a practical. There exact words.

mperniciaro

Forum Ride Along
EMS services strive to hire the best EMTs. A written test is based on EMT curriculum that you when you went to EMT Basic and Paramedic school. The test may have multiple choice, true /false, and /or scenarios. Review your materials. Take a deep breath. Take your time so you can comprehend the questions giving.

Good Luck!

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Generally from what I've experienced with pre-employment tests is they're similar to NR test questions. The tests that I have taken have had questions from every spectrum of my knowledge that I learned in EMT school. Now mind you I'm only a basic and every different company/ department has its own way of doing things when it comes to testing and interviews. I would anticipate questions based on what you learned in medic school and basic interview questions. Best of luck to you!