Just passed NREMT

EMTOsorio93

Forum Ride Along
Woohoo! I just passed my NREMT!! I thought it was appropriate to make my username NREMT...I'm surprised nobody has made one like that yet. The test stopped me at 72-74 questions and I took it on a Friday at 5. I was flipping out all weekend because results weren't being posted then I woke up at 6 a.m. Monday morning and still nothing. Then I checked back at 9 and they were posted!!! I felt like the test mind raped me and I was for sure that I had failed but I guess in did better than I thought. Now it looks like I have a job lined up with American Ambulance! I'll keep you guys updated

Melmd

Forum Crew Member
Congratulations! Job huntin' time!

KennyABC

Forum Probie
congratulations, sadly i just found out i failed my first attempt. You inspire me to keep going though. Thank you

CrackerBDingus

Forum Crew Member
How is it everyone seems to find work so fast out of the NREMT? It took me a month to even get an interview somewhere, only to be told I'm too young to be hired due to insurance reasons. So, 7 months after NR I finally landed a job. HOW DO YOU ALL DO IT?!

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
How is it everyone seems to find work so fast out of the NREMT? It took me a month to even get an interview somewhere, only to be told I'm too young to be hired due to insurance reasons. So, 7 months after NR I finally landed a job. HOW DO YOU ALL DO IT?!

For me it was about who you know.

CrackerBDingus

Forum Crew Member
I know flight nurses in Mercy-Air, but that seems out of reach for me. Other than that I have nothing medical. I tend to attribute my lack of work to age. I was hired 2 days after turning 20. And even now there are some companies who won't consider me yet (doctor's for instance).

Silver_Lining

Forum Probie
YAYYYY!!! That's exciting news everytime I hear/read it! :D Congratulations!
I had to put off my EMT persuits for a couple years, but I'm getting closer n closer to when I can go all in. About one more fast year. I may enter the Huntsville Fire & Rescue dept. as it's so thorough. My partner will be with their police dept, which is also so thorough, transferable to any U.S. dept after 2 yrs with HPD. I wonder if their Fire & rescue EMTs are also.

anywho, just got a sec to use internet. so logging in to all my old accts to check in.

Good luck with a happy new career! Enjoy it!! :D

OP
OP
E

EMTOsorio93

Forum Ride Along

Yeah for me it was all about who you know. I got a job with American Ambulance in Orlando the week after i got my NREMT-B

Remington

Forum Ride Along
Congratulations man!

I'm in the process of studying using JBlearning.
I failed at my first attempt, I thought I was ready.

Hopefully I'll pass after this time.​

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
No comes the hard part go out and get a job :) good luck.