just passed, now whats next.....

SacEMT

Forum Ride Along
Hello, first time poster, but have been reading for a good week. I just passed my nremt and was wondering if there is a good website with job posting or just a list of ambulance companies in California, particularity around Sacramento. And do i need to registered to a county before i can apply anywhere for either a internship or job? Thanks guys and girls. Forum is awesom.^_^

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Congrats on passing!!! My recomendation is to compile a list of companies in your county, and near by counties, go down the list calling them and asking if they are hiring, try going to the Sacremento County EMS website or just seaching "Sacremento County Ambulance Companies" and that should get u a list

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
I was never able to find a helpful website with strictly emt field jobs. So I just found out which ambulance companies were in my area and started sending applications out. I dont know anything about CA but there are a lot of CA people on here so maybe one of them will answer and help you out. Good luck!

bigpurpleseaturtle

Forum Probie
I've been certified since August and applying since October, nothin yet. Get your Ambulance Driver Certificate; some places will not hire you with out it. I wish I would have gotten mine right after I passed the NREMT.

OP
OP
S

SacEMT

Forum Ride Along
Thanks guys for the response. I'll be getting the ambulance driver cert soon enough. I'll keep the forum updated on how the search goes.

bigpurpleseaturtle

Forum Probie
The worst part about the ambulance Cert is the paying for the livescan and paying for the Medical Examiners visit. With those 2 things out of the way it's cake for the most part.

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
The worst part about the ambulance Cert is the paying for the livescan and paying for the Medical Examiners visit. With those 2 things out of the way it's cake for the most part.

Wow, and I was griping about paying for my background check and drivers abstract. Do you also have to pay for those as well?