just got home from taking it.....

AVPU

Forum Lieutenant
(2nd attempt). Some weird operations questions, lots of peds, LOTS of airway and breathing, a couple questions got asked twice.....hope that's not a bad sign. 120 questions in all, took almost the whole time. Now it's waiting!!! :unsure:

OP
OP
AVPU

AVPU

Forum Lieutenant
Honestly, I can't recall a specific A&B question verbatim, but I do recall lots of scenario-based questions of patient is presenting with this. What kind of apparatus (BVM, cannula, etc.) would you use.

Wait, I do recall a specific one. What is a sign of respiratory distress in a child?

OP
OP
AVPU

AVPU

Forum Lieutenant
Yes, lots of scenario-based questions throughout the whole exam. If u haven't taken it yet, be prepared

OP
OP
AVPU

AVPU

Forum Lieutenant
FYI to the powers that be, I know it's illegal to post actual NR questions. I modified the above so it's not the actual question I got. Too late to edit it, so I wanted to let u know

OP
OP
AVPU

AVPU

Forum Lieutenant
more info about my test

No pharma, a few diabetes, a couple cardio, no burns, 2 questions each about hypothermia and heat, a couple triage questions, 1 neurology, a few childbirth, no documentation, some trauma. Like I said, lots of scenarios.

My impression is every test is different, so best study everything. Hope this helps.

joeshmoe

Forum Lieutenant
I'm curious if you had any AED/CPR/choking questions? I had a lot of these, not sure if thats because I was getting some wrong or they just thought it was that important

OP
OP
AVPU

AVPU

Forum Lieutenant
I'm curious if you had any AED/CPR/choking questions? I had a lot of these, not sure if thats because I was getting some wrong or they just thought it was that important
Yep, had at least a couple choking questions and definitely a few CPR/AED questions. Did u pass??