Just a few questions...

Chrissy88

Forum Crew Member
Hiya everyone,

I had a few questions, I'm really nervous about the Clinical portion of the class, I'll be starting my first ride along in November and I was wondering if there is a possibility that I would be pranked or anything of that nature?

Also, I really want to join the Peace Corps (Hopefully right after I graduate) is there any way that I could do training there as a Paramedic, and have that certification transfer back to the U.S.? Because I'm not sure if I would be able to complete getting an EMS degree and my Biology degree, plus volunteering (At a rescue squad) and working part-time.

I've been reading some of the threads about whackers, and I was wondering if it would be a bit "whackerish" to put a profile photo on facebook of me in my uniform, but I would titled it "EMT-B student in training" or something.. Or should I just wait until I'm actually an EMT? Just wondering..because I want to do my best to avoid all forms of that.

Thank you,

Chrissy

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
I had a few questions, I'm really nervous about the Clinical portion of the class, I'll be starting my first ride along in November and I was wondering if there is a possibility that I would be pranked or anything of that nature?
It's possible. Sad and stupid, but possible. At my first company we'd have ride alongs a few times a year, but we were too busy to set something special up, assuming we even had advanced notice. Pranking students from outside agencies, though, is just stupid and mean.
I've been reading some of the threads about whackers, and I was wondering if it would be a bit "whackerish" to put a profile photo on facebook of me in my uniform, but I would titled it "EMT-B student in training" or something.. Or should I just wait until I'm actually an EMT? Just wondering..because I want to do my best to avoid all forms of that.

Here's something to think about. I'm in medical school and have a ton of friends and acquaintances from school as Facebook friends. I can't think of a single person who has their profile picture of them dressed up in their white coat. Pictures in albums from the white coat ceremony? Sure. Profile picture of them in white coat? No. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

OP
OP
C

Chrissy88

Forum Crew Member
Thank you for your response

It's possible. Sad and stupid, but possible. At my first company we'd have ride alongs a few times a year, but we were too busy to set something special up, assuming we even had advanced notice. Pranking students from outside agencies, though, is just stupid and mean.

Oh, bummer.. Guess imma just have to wait and see.

Here's something to think about. I'm in medical school and have a ton of friends and acquaintances from school as Facebook friends. I can't think of a single person who has their profile picture of them dressed up in their white coat. Pictures in albums from the white coat ceremony? Sure. Profile picture of them in white coat? No. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Heh, that definitely makes sense.