Juicing?

TraprMike

Forum Lieutenant
We watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" in my A&P class last semester. It was a really interesting movie. Got me thinking about trying juicing, but, at the moment, I have no spare ca$h to buy a juicer (or anything else for that matter!). I do have a full size as well as a personal size blender, but I doubt either is powerful enough to really do very well with the juicing aspect.
One of the men in my class went on a 10-day juice fast prior to running a half-marathon, and he swears by juicing. He brought in a couple of the juices he drank so we could sample them. The "mean green" tasted really awful. But I'm not exactly the best judge of taste. I have the palate of a six year old. LoL :lol:
I have been trying to get more fruits and veggies into my diet. I do pretty good with getting the fruits in, as fruit is sweet and appeals to my taste buds. The veggies are a whole different matter. :blush:

Where would I find a "NutriBullet" and approx how much are they?

I bought a Hamelton Beach that was recomended by a fellow juicer for about 55 bux at walmart.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
just found this thread. I too found this movie on Netflix a couple months ago. wife and I have been juicing for a few weeks now. feel great. we eat one meal a day. mostly fish or chicken and small helping of potatos and some mixed veggies.
I don't have a scale, but I can tell I lost a few pounds.
great movie, great juicing..

I think that's great! We have a juicer too, I use it almost every day.. I do wish it was easier to clean though. It's a Hamilton Beach model, the screen takes a lot of scrubbing to get it clean. I try to avoid eating many raw vegetables, like carrots because they're hard on the walls of my colon. It's much easier to juice them, we go through 10 pounds of carrots a week. I like the way I feel full after I consume juice, not a bit hungry, but not bloated and heavy.

What kind of fish do you eat?

We don't have a scale in our house either, I think they're evil.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I wonder at some of the stuff that goes into them, like carrot tops, which are toxic or at least unbeneficial.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I wonder at some of the stuff that goes into them, like carrot tops, which are toxic or at least unbeneficial.

I don't use carrot tops.. I don't buy carrots with tops on them either. When a carrot is removed from the ground, it goes into shock, and the tops suck every nutrient they can out of the root. Fight or flight --carrot style.. :ph34r:

TraprMike

Forum Lieutenant
I think that's great! We have a juicer too, I use it almost every day.. I do wish it was easier to clean though. It's a Hamilton Beach model, the screen takes a lot of scrubbing to get it clean. I try to avoid eating many raw vegetables, like carrots because they're hard on the walls of my colon. It's much easier to juice them, we go through 10 pounds of carrots a week. I like the way I feel full after I consume juice, not a bit hungry, but not bloated and heavy.

What kind of fish do you eat?

We don't have a scale in our house either, I think they're evil.

I juice the kale and cellery first, and then apples, oranges and whatnot. this pushes the green stuff out of nooks and crannys. makes it easy to clean too.. I also put a plastic grocery bag in the big hopper to catch the crap. MUCH easier to clean. takes me just over a min to clean the machine after juicing my glass full. do it right a way. don't let it dry in the screen.. good luck!!

EDIT:
I do not buy carrets with tops on either. I do wash the produce good.

Last edited by a moderator: