Juicing?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Haha i expected this thread to be about roids. But i sure do love regular juice!

Me too haha.

I love fruits and veggies...and I love smoothies. This might be something for me to look into. I'll admit I'm not the healthiest eater, but I'm not awful either. Every meal has fruits or veggies, I try to steer away from red meat and go for chicken or turkey most of the time but I do cave for a nice big burger every now and again.

I could definitely use the energy but I don't need or want to loose any weight. I'm only 165 lbs as it is.

What are all of your thoughts on that?

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
We watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" in my A&P class last semester. It was a really interesting movie. Got me thinking about trying juicing, but, at the moment, I have no spare ca$h to buy a juicer (or anything else for that matter!). I do have a full size as well as a personal size blender, but I doubt either is powerful enough to really do very well with the juicing aspect.
One of the men in my class went on a 10-day juice fast prior to running a half-marathon, and he swears by juicing. He brought in a couple of the juices he drank so we could sample them. The "mean green" tasted really awful. But I'm not exactly the best judge of taste. I have the palate of a six year old. LoL :lol:
I have been trying to get more fruits and veggies into my diet. I do pretty good with getting the fruits in, as fruit is sweet and appeals to my taste buds. The veggies are a whole different matter. :blush:

Where would I find a "NutriBullet" and approx how much are they?
I grabbed a Nutribullet from Wal-Mart online. It's 100 bucks. I am now down 11bs and feel amazing.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Bought a juicer. Same one from fat, sick and near death. Juice I made was good.
Lots of carrots, spinach, grapes, apples and blueberries.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Bought a juicer. Same one from fat, sick and near death. Juice I made was good.
Lots of carrots, spinach, grapes, apples and blueberries.

That is fantastic! Let me know if you energy skyrockets like mine did.
I am still not 100% juicing/smoothie drinking.... I have a cheat day where I eat what I want plus I still eat regular meals during the day.

Let me know how you feel after several days.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Clarifying- you're not juicing 100%, but drinking juice on top of regular eating and feel this great?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I buy flats of V8 at Costco. The best thing about this thread is that NO ONE has used the "T" word*.

("Toxins").
Blog110208a.jpg

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Clarifying- you're not juicing 100%, but drinking juice on top of regular eating and feel this great?

Yes? I am eating regular food.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I buy flats of V8 at Costco. The best thing about this thread is that NO ONE has used the "T" word*.

("Toxins").
Blog110208a.jpg

Are you eliminating toxins? I am. Juicing has nothing to do with it. I am not constipated.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Are you eliminating toxins? I am. Juicing has nothing to do with it. I am not constipated.

I am still eating as well.......... just as little "processed" foods as I can. Tons of fruit, salads and a little turkey or chicken. Trying to keep meat to as close to 5% or my diet.

The rest are all juice/smoothie.

My energy is still the most noticeable thing....... absolutely ridiculous how much better I feel.

JakeEMTP

Forum Captain

[/IMG]

One can of V8 is about 500 mg of sodium. That is not so good as you get older. You might be able to handle it in your 20s and 30s but after 40 you need to be concerned about sodium intake.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
One can of V8 is about 500 mg of sodium. That is not so good as you get older. You might be able to handle it in your 20s and 30s but after 40 you need to be concerned about sodium intake.

I have really started watching my sodium intake. Man it is everywhere, kinda like High Fructose Corn Syrup......

I just juice my own..... and hope to not have too many "engineered" fruits or vegetables in the mix.

We use our NutriBullet six times a day between my wife and I. Thing works like a champ! I drink 3- 4 per day and eat when I feel hungry. Drinking all of my veggies has it to where I am not craving junk food. Instead I am at the point to where I crave another juice.

Again, not trying to sell a product, just sharing how I feel about more fruits/veggies in my diet and what I have seen as a result.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Now then, after spending the money on the juicer, I found it to be a ton of work and waste. I ended up getting one of the NutriBullet. Much less waste.

I should have listened. My juicer works great but it's a pain. I think I'll have the nutribullet soon.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I should have listened. My juicer works great but it's a pain. I think I'll have the nutribullet soon.

We now keep the juicer as a back-up just in case :) I am telling ya...... we put everything in the NutriBullet (almonds, pumpkin seeds, seeded grapes etc) it works just as described on TV.

This morning I made one with oranges, grapes, banana, strawberries, almonds, blueberries and carrots. Man..... it was tasty! Then during the day I had two of the spinach based ones.

I am trying to get my folks to use the juicing now. My daughter and her husband already do. I still have energy to spare now that's for sure.

PJB

Forum Ride Along
i am ordering one now as we speak! i saw this movie almost a year ago now and said i was gunna start. i never really was a big veggie eater cause i hate the texture but think i found my way around it haha

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Lost 6 lbs in week one without trying

PJB

Forum Ride Along
day one and two drinks down already noticing a energy difference, any good mixes you guys suggest?

hubert1992

Forum Ride Along
:wub:I am also on a low sodium diet, but I must be the exception rather than the rule since I actually prefer the low sodium V8 to the regular. I also like drinking it non-chilled -- the flavors seem to be more developed that way.

Bob67

Forum Probie
I know I need more fruits and veggies as well. Half my family is now vegan, so I already have a good supply of stuff.

TraprMike

Forum Lieutenant
just found this thread. I too found this movie on Netflix a couple months ago. wife and I have been juicing for a few weeks now. feel great. we eat one meal a day. mostly fish or chicken and small helping of potatos and some mixed veggies.
I don't have a scale, but I can tell I lost a few pounds.
great movie, great juicing..