it was funny but was it a big oops?

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant
So I did my first third ride of the semester. We stopped downtown so the basic could get some coffee. Were in a Type II ambulance. Im sitting in the jump seat when 2 guys come running into the back of the ambulance. About the time the first guy gets to me and steps on my foot, I kick him square in the chest. Not hard but enough to sit him onto the bench seat, They ask if were a taxi and how he has $6 bucks for a ride and then jump out. I step out of the ambulance and see em talkin to the basic. Turns out he was an off duty medic. I laughed and apologized explaining it was a reaction since I used to be a bouncer. Should I worry about the payback if I end up riding with him. I don't foresee anything to malicious.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Now THATS a prank hahaha.

I'm pretty sure the medic will give you a break, you didn't know him and he came busting in on you, I would have done the same thing.

BrushBunny91

Forum Lieutenant
Sooo..... did you give him a ride or not? 6 bucks is 6 bucks. these are hard times you know.

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
Sooo..... did you give him a ride or not? 6 bucks is 6 bucks. these are hard times you know.

That almost makes my hourly wage equal out to a little better then minimum wage...not really, but it feels that way sometimes lol!

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
we used to give rides to coworkers that had too much to drink.

When I was dispatching, I paged directions to a BLS crew to go to a certain address and pickup up a person to take home. Crew complained, they didn't agree to it. They had to pass station to go to the address; and they stopped and slid an envelope under the owners door on the way east (watched on security camera).
When they got to the house to pick up the employee they found out it was the owner of our company that had drank too much and needed a ride. Needless to say when they came to work the following Monday they were worried about the letter. owner thought it was funny

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Hahhahah. One time we had our CCT/RN jump in the back of another unit posting who "forgot" to lock their doors.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
You're ok.

I accidentally broke a security police sergeant's nose once and we got along ok after.

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
He will probably give you a hard time about it, but im sure he was expecting somehting like that since he was pulling the prank. Now to really show that youhave a sense of humor about it, you have to prank him back...
The war has begun!! :rofl:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Now to really show that youhave a sense of humor about it, you have to prank him back...
The war has begun!! :rofl:

I'd personally wait until you finish school and land a job...but thats just me.

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
I'd personally wait until you finish school and land a job...but thats just me.

While I'm sure that most would agree with you, my own personal rule is that if you’re going to prank me, you better be able to take a prank. Same if I’m going to pull a prank on someone, doesn’t matter if they are in school or a newbie. I am all for students and newbie’s pranking back. Now if they start the prank... that’s a whole different ball game :p

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Prank war...

Good way to get fired.

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
I had a boss who, at one time, liked to prank other but he was not a happy victim.......it made it all the more enjoyable to watch.:p

medic417

The Truth Provider
Events and professional actions such as these in this discussion make me so proud to be part of this profession.:rolleyes: