Is Anybody a ER Tech at Anaheim Regional?

*MX-EMT

Forum Crew Member
Just wondering what the hiring process is like. Also any interview tips for them and there starting pay. Thanks

Level1pedstech

Forum Captain
If you have an upcoming interview you should already have done your homework because now your behind the eight ball. Unless you are very familiar with this facility you should have already been by for a visit and a cup of coffee with one of their techs.

This is a very competitive position and you need to be prepared.Taking the time to get to know the staff and the position will pay off big if you make the final cut. If you have an interview scheduled you have survived the first round which tells us you have at least met the miniumum requirements for the position. I checked and judging by the posting its a very basic position which will surely work in you favor if you have never worked as a tech. You will have some very well qualified people applying including RN's,medics and of course basics so you need to bring your A game to the table.

I have posted some good stuff about working as a tech including some basic interview advice I just hope you have not waited until the last minute. Get after it and if you have questions please ask. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

BandageBrigade

Forum Lieutenant
If you have an upcoming interview you should already have done your homework because now your behind the eight ball. Unless you are very familiar with this facility you should have already been by for a visit and a cup of coffee with one of their techs.

This is a very competitive position and you need to be prepared.Taking the time to get to know the staff and the position will pay off big if you make the final cut. If you have an interview scheduled you have survived the first round which tells us you have at least met the miniumum requirements for the position. I checked and judging by the posting its a very basic position which will surely work in you favor if you have never worked as a tech. You will have some very well qualified people applying including RN's,medics and of course basics so you need to bring your A game to the table.

I have posted some good stuff about working as a tech including some basic interview advice I just hope you have not waited until the last minute. Get after it and if you have questions please ask. Good luck!

Really? Its a tech job. medics I can see, as that is the req for some more advanced tech jobs... But RNs? I've work as a tech at a few lvl 2's and a 1. Come by for a cup of joe with another tech? Seriously? I guess I never saw the position sitting on a throne as you do.

Level1pedstech

Forum Captain
Really? Its a tech job. medics I can see, as that is the req for some more advanced tech jobs... But RNs? I've work as a tech at a few lvl 2's and a 1. Come by for a cup of joe with another tech? Seriously? I guess I never saw the position sitting on a throne as you do.

The level one where I worked did indeed have RN's working as techs and that was before things really tightened up,we also had med students ,PA students and and a boatload of medics, There was a time four or five years ago when people were in and out of the ER on their way to bigger and better things. Do you have a reason to doubt that maybe they might just be trying to get a foot in the door. As you should also know its very difficult to get into the ER even as an RN without some experience.

As far as having coffee with another tech well thats just good interview prep and every little thing you can do to gain advantage over your competition ia helpful. You of all people should know that for every tech position it is quite common to have 200+ applications. I have taken part in the hiring process and know first hand what can and will help a candidate.As far as sitting on a throne well hardly but for someone that really wants to gain some serious expeience its a great way to go. Sorry you think the ER tech position in not such a big deal Im sure you were a stellar tech with lots to contribute! so wheres your sage advice to the OP.