Irritation

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Alright so heres the jest, Im trying to find a class for EMT, Now I live in a 1 Horse town....The only place here that teaches EMT-B/I/P is VVRCMC (The hospital) they will teach me EMT-I But only teach EMT-P to their Employees. Now I would have worked there if the woman wasnt such a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: about the hiring process..(regardless) the next place that has teachings is 3 hours away Im going to have to figure out HTF to manage work and school to get EMT-P My Boss has offered to up my pay to 17 an hour upon certification.

I tell you its so freaking annoying Now I have to figure out how to Muster up some sort of living arrangement ect ect registration.. I was told "Just do EMT-I then P" HAH its 1300.00 JUST for EMT-I why pay that and THEN go and pay 1500.00 for P?

Any suggestions I live in Del Rio I have San Angelo and San Antonio thats "the closest" Both are about 3hrs

c-spine

Forum Lieutenant
only 1500 for -P ? I'm going to a tech starting in January, and I've got 7000 from the website.

But a 3 hour drive really sucks. Sorry bout the situation! -hugs-

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Quit whining! :p

At least you can go for the -I where you are. If I want to go for the -I, I'll have to go to Reno, NV. heh. Around here, it's -B or -P and no in between. To get into one of the small number of medic schools, I'd have to quit my full time job, and it'd cost me about $15,000.

Clearly I need to move to another state. heh.

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain

At least you can go for the -I where you are. If I want to go for the -I, I'll have to go to Reno, NV. heh. Around here, it's -B or -P and no in between. To get into one of the small number of medic schools, I'd have to quit my full time job, and it'd cost me about $15,000.

actually..thats if Im lucky enough and she "chooses me" what she does is she tries to get all her people in by disqualifying everyone else...so no I may not be able to go for EMT-I here and will wind up 3 hours away for phase 1 of EMT-P....I just found out from a few of the Fire Fighters here how the Woman Plays hardball....I really need to find a loophole

Raf

Forum Lieutenant
1500 is really cheap for the paramedic course. Maybe you can work out some type of arrangement and pay extra since you don't work for them? I'm sure the lady wouldn't mind having another student if you shell out some extra dough. It should be easier to do this especially since your boss is helping you out.

rdkl

Forum Crew Member

I feel your pain since I live here in the bay area with you. I am in the same boat with having to quit school and thats not an option for me :(

We will hopefully be moving out of state within the next few years though.

EMTalex

Forum Crew Member
you guys in cali, if you dont mind moving down to San Diego for a year, you can become paramedics for a little bit less $$$$ i believe. At Palomar College.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I feel your pain since I live here in the bay area with you. I am in the same boat with having to quit school and thats not an option for me :(

We will hopefully be moving out of state within the next few years though.

Hah. Where are you going? Hey, exactly where are you NOW? :p

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
you guys in cali, if you dont mind moving down to San Diego for a year, you can become paramedics for a little bit less $$$$ i believe. At Palomar College.

Yeah, but then we'd be in farkin' San Diego! *cry*

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Well Shoot Talex we'll move in with you for the semester term..Party at ALEX's!!!!!!!!Ill bring the booze

rdkl

Forum Crew Member
Hah. Where are you going? Hey, exactly where are you NOW? :p

Right by you right now in Santa Clara. We've been talking about moving up to Oregon or Washington for some time. Hopefully in the next couple of years we'll make the move. We need to move somewhere more afordable :)