interview this week...suggestions?

griffithsgriffin

Forum Crew Member
Have my first EMT interview this week at Metrowest Ambulance in Portland, OR. My understanding is that the gig starts you off doing IFT's, which I am actually glad about because I'll get a chance to really strengthen my patient interaction skills. Anyway, anyone have any tips before going in to such an interview? Sounds like customer service is huge as well as being honest about why you want to go into EMS. I am a little nervous about being drilled with medical and trauma questions, but it doesn't sound like that is quite what this first interview is about. Thanks everybody!

Zack

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Have my first EMT interview this week at Metrowest Ambulance in Portland, OR. My understanding is that the gig starts you off doing IFT's, which I am actually glad about because I'll get a chance to really strengthen my patient interaction skills. Anyway, anyone have any tips before going in to such an interview? Sounds like customer service is huge as well as being honest about why you want to go into EMS. I am a little nervous about being drilled with medical and trauma questions, but it doesn't sound like that is quite what this first interview is about. Thanks everybody!

Zack

Had an interview about a week ago and it was super relaxed. I was expecting alot of clinical questions, but it was really just a conversation getting to know me and my availability.

Dress to impress. I wore a shirt, tie, and khakis. Just be yourself and don't try to BS.

Last edited by a moderator:

lucky13

Forum Probie
Just relax. The interview is most likely with HR so it's just a nice chat.
There's some basic questions they ask....Look em up do your prepared. Stuff like how you think you can help and how you view yourself ect ect.
And it's best to be over dressed than under dressed.
GL