Interview questions for ED Techs

Annie

Forum Ride Along
Hi all,

I'm sure interview questions for ED Tech positions aren't going to be that far off from EMT questions, but has anyone had any experience with ED Tech interview questions? Does anyone know what is usually asked? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
When I did it a couple years ago it consisted of basic interview questions along with questions about 12 lead placement and splinting.

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Well, the thing is as a Tech you do not get to make many decisions, only point things out for the Doc to decide. That said, my interview did not involve any testing let alone skills-related questions, but more personality and critical thinking. "What would you do in this situation?" Insert coworker does something bad, you do something on accident, a patient wants to complain, random things like that which lean towards your skills as a patient advocate and less as an EMT. I tested as an EMT elsewhere and it was actually the same, leaving the knowledge testing for the actual test. As well, many of the skills I do get to use in the ED were actually taught there (plaster/orthoglass splinting, prefab splints, foleys, iSTATs and NOVA AccuCheck, monitor use, the hospital way of talking to a patient, etc).

All places are different though, and you should be prepared anyway. Good luck!