Intervention System Training

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
What is OIS?
OIS is a process for implementing Positive Behavior Supports (PBS) and safe intervention in community programs.

I'm still not sure what this is? It sounds like the double talk you hear in a corporate memo. I'm assuming its a way of getting people with mental illness into the system?

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

Looks like a psychologist's replacement for an arse whoopin with a belt. I personally got the belt........... Often enough to change my ways :rofl:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I think I know what it is, and if I am right I had something similar as part of another job. This is the training I had.

Basically it is a class that teaches you about people with developmental disabilities and how to deal with their behaviors/attitudes/temperaments and how to manage and deescalate situations.

For example, one of the things that was covered in the class I took was coping mechanisms and redirecting people. So someone may bang their head on the wall as a coping mechanism, and since that isn't healthy the goal is to redirect them to a healthier coping mechanism without it turning into WWIII.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/spd/provtools/ois/owners-manual.pdf?ga=t
Here'e the "Owner's Manual". Still full of mushmouff.

Sounds like a way to change patient/inmate behaviors. Could also be a way to control unruly employees.

Reminds me of Erhardt Seminar Training (EST) of the Seventies. These folks couldn't write a lucid mission statement if their lives depended upon it, whether what they are doing is good or not.

OP
OP
nwhitney

nwhitney

Forum Captain
What is OIS?
OIS is a process for implementing Positive Behavior Supports (PBS) and safe intervention in community programs.

I'm still not sure what this is? It sounds like the double talk you hear in a corporate memo. I'm assuming its a way of getting people with mental illness into the system?

From my understanding it is essentially restraint training for develop mentally disable people. My wife is a special ed teacher and they go through this training once a year. This training is for when people are in crisis and need to be restrained to prevent hurting themselves or others. Since she works with children is a hands-off approach, so no grabbing the students.

Just curious if any EMS agencies do anything similar.

duncklee5

Forum Probie
Basically so many types of intervention training system because this field lies in two or more than two training system as i told you about safety intervention system that A safety intervention system contains actions, decisions and methods that are organized in such a way so as to result in an orderly process of moving toward the primary purpose. These parts of the system have relation to each other.Thanks for all your patience.