Insanity

Aerin-Sol

Forum Captain
Me? Do pull ups? ha that's a funny one lol my upper body strength sucks. My legs are my strong point.

BUT.....

Maybe next paycheck I'll check into it. Or find it on craigslist. lol

If you're just looking for something at home to supplement the gym on weekends, you don't need to spend money on a DVD. Just do whatever bodyweight exercises you like & work on stretching. Push-ups are great if you need to build upper-body strength. I do a set of 10 every commercial break or every chapter if I'm at home.

Question for those who have tried p90x:
I am very overwieght, working on lossing it, but am tired of the same routine of walking/jogging and biking at the gym to get my cardio. Would you recommend p90x? or maybe something diff? i was in decent shape until i came into the comm cntr... lol Thanks for the advice!

Lift weights. Cardio is good, especially if you find it easy to stick with, but you need to lift to see the best fat loss. Focus on compound exercises. I like Stronglifts. Just google it - it's a free website.

rfd521

Forum Ride Along
Question for those who have tried p90x:
I am very overwieght, working on lossing it, but am tired of the same routine of walking/jogging and biking at the gym to get my cardio. Would you recommend p90x? or maybe something diff? i was in decent shape until i came into the comm cntr... lol Thanks for the advice!

It really depends on your fitness level. If you haven't at least started training, I would hold off on starting p90x... it's definitely intense, but you don't have to do EVERYTHING they do if you do decide to try it. That's the pitfall most people find. They think they have to keep up with the video when in you actually don't have to and get discouraged.
You can't train enough to beat an unhealthy diet. Trust me, I tried and failed. Depending on your needs, though, a good diet is something better discussed with a trainer or doctor. I try to get nearly a gram of protein per pound of body weight without overdoing it on calories and this has helped tremendously, especially along with plenty of fruit, veggies, and water. Anyway, try p90x if you must. I like finding and putting together exercises to train each body area with weights (ex: arms/chest today, shoulders/back tomorrow, legs the next, with a fair amount of cardio and ab work with each) At first, start easy and work your way up. It's too easy to get frustrated when you overdo it to start with. Do 3 workouts a week or so, then add more as you feel more comfortable and up the intensity. Look up high-intensity training online, it may be something you'd like to look into once you establish a routine and see results. Whatever you do, include some lifting workouts as this burns fat long after you leave the gym... have fun and keep your head up! :)