Impatiently Waiting...

jtb_E10

Forum Crew Member
:wacko:My letter for acceptance or non-acceptance to paramedic school should arrive either today or tomrorow....kinda nervous...:wacko:

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
:wacko:My letter for arrive either today or tomrorow....kinda nervous...:wacko:

I know this feeling and it sucks. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
I guess I'm confused as to what "medic school" is. I am just going to college for a degree in paramedic and acute medicine.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I guess I'm confused as to what "medic school" is. I am just going to college for a degree in paramedic and acute medicine.
I believe it would be the series of classes one has to take to get a medic card. It's probably part of a community college and not a stand alone school as most are now.

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
I believe it would be the series of classes one has to take to get a medic card. It's probably part of a community college and not a stand alone school as most are now.

Well, that's why I'm confused. There was no application to medic school for me. I just, you know, wrote a check.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Some places require a whole drawn out application process that includes interviews and references.

Others say "Come" and you go.

My EMT school was the former. My medic school is the latter.

OP
OP
jtb_E10

jtb_E10

Forum Crew Member
Yea the process starts with the application, then on to the written exam, then if you pass that on to the practial exam, and then on to the oral interview in front of the entire education staff...

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
Yea the process starts with the application, then on to the written exam, then if you pass that on to the practial exam, and then on to the oral interview in front of the entire education staff...

That's what we have to do to get certified as a medic, but actually going to school is something you just do. It's just a college course, just like a nurse, an X-Ray tech, or anything else you can take at a community college.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
That's what we have to do to get certified as a medic, but actually going to school is something you just do. It's just a college course, just like a nurse, an X-Ray tech, or anything else you can take at a community college.

Hmmm, here, all of the allied health field programs require: an orientation, an application, some amount of testing, possibly an interview, and then a wait for the letter saying yay or nay. For the simple reason that, for the most part, there are more people who want in the program than there are spots in it, and they want to make sure you'll actually be successful (the reason for the testing).

mct601

RN/NRP
I planned on being xray tech before I changed paths to EMS.

I know our (PRCC's) radiology program requires in depth background checks, interview, and an appearance before a selection board. they only allow 20 students per year. pretty competitive

our EMT is pretty straightforward. if you meet criteria and pass the background check, you usually get in.

we dont offer medic schooling, but I believe that MGCCC and Jones CC's medic schooling is the same as our EMT program as far as getting in.

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
I got in..got letter in mail today..starts on august 17th...

That is awesome man. Keep up on the class and do well. I have been waiting on this post, about time!

Shabo

Forum Probie
I'm actually in the application process for my medic program. It consists of: prerequisite biology, A&P, and Med terminology; an assessment test (reading, writing, math); minimum preprogram gpa; criminal history check; Physical; drug screen; proof of immunizations; and current license check (basic or Int). The applicants are seated by order of complete applications received, and the whole process takes about two months to complete (after the classes). So it's a bit of a headache but it should result in a class that's at about the same starting point.