Im Now a Firefighter!!

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Okay so I got sick of the transport Company I was working for

I got a call from county yesterday for EMS...and I quote "We want you..Just come down look at our rigs....if you dont want to you dont have too sign on just come tak a peek" So I did..I think I orgasmed....SO MUCH better then the company Im with now.....I also get to make my schedule....so Im not overwhelmed for school.. that covers the EMS portion of this....

Anywho County FD has me now too...Heh So Im stoked I start training as of next week wooohoooo!!!! My mother said "Ya lil delinquent you used to set fires as a kid now your putting them out??Im Proud of you" Just thought I would share with my internet family... Husband is still gone Hope he coms back this saturday...Damn USAF

Epi-do

I see dead people
Congrats on the new job and have fun with the FF training! Be sure to let us know how the training goes.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Congrats!

How does that system work... will you be fire trained, but on the ambulance all the time, or will you rotate on/off the engine?

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
THe EMS I work for is the other county... I will have a pager with the fir station EMS is 24on 48off....Makem y own shift..tues I have school for Intermediate and that night Fire school...2mths here then they kick me over for the academy...after 70hrs Of training I can enter burning Buildings...I already have 20 Hours towards it...

Ill hav a pager for the station with 24 hour rotations as well then just be on call if they need me...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm confused - is it Vollie or paid??? Is it a bit of both?

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
EMS or FF?? Im working two jobs babe...

I work EMS in Kinney county...and FF will be here where I live

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Awesome news! Keep us updated!

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Sounds like good news. I guess all those injuries healed up pretty fast. ;-)

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Welcome, my new sister. Congratulations!! Sounds like a great gig, but not enough to get me back to Del Rio. (I spent a week there one day...:p )

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Del Rio Sucks

I went county the Del Rio FF are cocky....

I still hurt, matter of fact the other day I had to lift a 300+ woman and reinjured myself...but sucked it up....

Its going to feel Odd, I wanted to do this all my life, and now I am. The guys treat me like one of the guys (Except the periodic "Hey why dont you get into all your gear with nothing on underneath") Pervs... (I actually have a few photos of that too *grin*

Sooooooooo who wants a cute affectionate Woman to spnd the rest of their life with??Im up for grabs!! Highest bid wins!!

premedtim

Forum Lieutenant
Del Rio Sucks

I went county the Del Rio FF are cocky....

I still hurt, matter of fact the other day I had to lift a 300+ woman and reinjured myself...but sucked it up....

Its going to feel Odd, I wanted to do this all my life, and now I am. The guys treat me like one of the guys (Except the periodic "Hey why dont you get into all your gear with nothing on underneath") Pervs... (I actually have a few photos of that too *grin*

Sooooooooo who wants a cute affectionate Woman to spnd the rest of their life with??Im up for grabs!! Highest bid wins!!

Hell if it was that easy I think every guy would jump at the chance to go to any sort of auction just in case. ;P

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
THAT IS SO AWSOME !! YOU JUST GO GIRL!!!!! :beerchug:

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
I don't want the one I got what do I want another one for? You can bring your tooth brush but leave the suitcase at home.
:p :p

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
Look into a FOOLS chapter around you.

Welcome to the brotherhood.

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Thank you all as an update..My old boss is trying to make me quit one or the other ither the Emergency or the transport.... (Not the station)

so anywho I pull a 24 sunday night 8a-8p he wants me to actually come in at ten at the transport....Doesnt wanna work with my sechedule is even scheduling me for work on my school days...Im to the point of telling him what he can go do with himself....

Its good to be one of the guys though its actually..quite nice being non stressed for a change yano???At the EMS station we played board games and watched TV until calls came up..BTW scattegories is fun whn your running on 2hrs of sleep