If your coworkers and you prepare joint meals

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
...what was the worst meal you ever served them?

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
...what was the worst meal you ever served them?

This is what you used your 5000th post on? J/k

Luckily we don't prepare joint meals cuz I've been told repeatedly that here in Texas "we don't eat that damn rabbit food".

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I never serve a terrible meal, lol. Ask me what's the latest I've ever eaten spaghetti, though!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I tried to cook some Mexican dish (I forget which) with rice, beans and salsa. Realized when I was finished that I completely forgot to add flavor :( It didn't taste like anything!! From then on I've stuck to rockin' taste buds with either BBQ or Italian :p

Farmer2DO

Forum Captain
A close friend of mine made corned beef and cabbage one night for the crew. One of her co-workers forced it down, and then went outside and threw it all up. To this day, he doesn't like eating her cooking.

Oh, and they're now engaged to be married.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
A close friend of mine made corned beef and cabbage one night for the crew. One of her co-workers forced it down, and then went outside and threw it all up. To this day, he doesn't like eating her cooking.

Oh, and they're now engaged to be married.

Well I guess if the way to a mans heart is through his stomach then she got him coming and going, so to speak.

Sasha

Forum Chief
If by prepare you mean pay for... We once bought wings for pizza hut. We didn't realize how hot their hot wings really were and were not able to eat them, even doused in ranch.

mpc83

Forum Probie
i'll keep you posted... we are doing a thanksgiving lunch next week and i'm already wondering how bad its gonna be... my coworkers are a special breed to begin with let alone preparing a meal for multiple people...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
One night I was doing grilled chicken and roasted potatoes at the fire house. Then we got a call.
The chicken was dried out. The spuds were undercooked and hard as rocks. The only good part of the meal was the pie at the end.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm stationed at a firehouse, but they don't like us there. We are based in an old storage closet off the bay, and aren't allowed to use the kitchen facilities. The only things we can cook are things that can go in the microwave.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Try fish.....

Heh heh heh.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I'm stationed at a firehouse, but they don't like us there. We are based in an old storage closet off the bay, and aren't allowed to use the kitchen facilities. The only things we can cook are things that can go in the microwave.

Wow, talk about unfair. We kinda got kicked to back part of one of the stations we're at as well, weird how the volunteers suddenly start hanging out there after they remodel...

Anyways, nope, we for prepare joint meals really. I mean I've made chicken gyros before for my partner and I, but that's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasha

Forum Chief

If you get creative you can cook a lot using a microwave

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I have never served a bad meal, although I did once totally screw up and gave the rare steak to the guy who wanted the well done, and vice a versa and no one could figure out which was which until we cut into them all.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief

I could never work in a place like this

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I could never work in a place like this

Sure you could, if it was all you knew. There're people that see the stations I work in now and flip. Especially people that post on street corners… I could never do that.

lawndartcatcher

Forum Lieutenant
Not necessarily bad tasting, but I once made a 7 lb meatloaf. Wrapped in bacon. Senor medic on the shift was horrified. He said it reminded him of Jabba the Hutt. As he reached for a third piece.