I have a few options...

mpc83

Forum Probie
I finish my paramedic course in May of 2013 and my husband finishes his OSHA grad school in Dec of 2013 ... he is already being offered jobs all over the U.S. from the south to California, Texas up to Wyoming (literally everywhere including no where places) He has a lot of options and now so do i as to were to work/lean towards living... who lives where and what are some of the best places to work in EMS in the great USA? I've seen alot of places not to go but what states treat medics the best and where is there great places to learn? I'll have only 6 months experience (hopefully) before we will move... I'm currently in Western Kentucky and we are DEFINITELY^_^ not looking to stay! Who knows what and thanks in advance!!

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Texas. Some of the best services around are here. From Williamson Co, Montgomery Co, Austin Travis Co, ETMC, Cypress Creek, MedStar, and many others, there are plenty of places to pick from down here. Many systems pay quite well, the cost of living is very reasonable in most areas, and due to the way Tx EMS works protocols, you can find some considerably more progressive systems here (not going to get into the appropriateness of the amount of leeway) than say, California.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I agree with Texas.

Poet, don't forget champion. :)

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Stay out of California. I live here and want to leave. I am looking at Texas.

Just look at the current budget and political climate. This place is a mess and it's not likely to get better anytime soon.

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
Consider Denver area?
Heard only great things about both the areas as a place to live and as an EMS system...

I'd also recommend Texas, though.

Imacho

Forum Lieutenant
Also consider your hobbies you can't live without (if you have any). Texas is humid and miserable in the summer, but has so much land for outdoor activities. Hunting in the winter is ideal conditions. Wyoming is gorgeous year round and has gorgeous mountain ranges for snow sports. Hunting there is awesome as well. Beings that you are from KY, you have guns. If you go to Cali, you won't have any rights. Texas and wyoming ( the majority of the other states actually) are more gun friendly. So choose wisely and enjoy the new adventures.

xrsm002

Forum Captain
Only certain parts of Texas are humid I live in on the northwest side of Texas and its like an oven during the summer hot and dry. Only east Texas and north Texas are humid