I did it !!!

Ms.Medic

Forum Captain
My confirmed test date is THIS TUESDAY !!! HOLY CRAP. Someone calm my nerves, and wish me luck...lol.

emtfarva

Forum Captain
good luck, my NR test is on the 16th, I need some luck, also.

Dustoff

Forum Probie
You will do great !! Keep a clear head and drink half glass of prune juice.!!

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
Have a Scotch! Good luck!

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
Wait... what did you did? Got a test date? Not quite time to celebrate yet, lol.

So I guess this means you won't be spending money on a trip to Fort Sam after all? Trust me, you won't need it. You're going to do fine. You can save that money for some new stickers for your car, an intubation set for your POV bag, and maybe a "PARAMEDICS SAVE NURSES" t-shirt! :D

OP
OP
Ms.Medic

Ms.Medic

Forum Captain
Wait... what did you did? Got a test date? Not quite time to celebrate yet, lol.

So I guess this means you won't be spending money on a trip to Fort Sam after all? Trust me, you won't need it. You're going to do fine. You can save that money for some new stickers for your car, an intubation set for your POV bag, and maybe a "PARAMEDICS SAVE NURSES" t-shirt! :D

HAHA, Im here already, sitting in a hotel in the middle of San Antonio. I done did it. lol. Spent the money and Im taking the course. Today was the first day, and I'll have to admit, Im glad I did it a few days before my test. If I would have waited any longer between the course and setting up my test date, I wouldnt have seen the point, but right before I go test, while its fresh on my brain, Im glad I did. Its just going over things I already knew, but just to go over them once again couldnt hurt. Although, I am a little nervous about spending the night in this hotel, but me and my pistol are getting to be quite close tonight. lol.

OP
OP
Ms.Medic

Ms.Medic

Forum Captain

Im doing ANYTHING BUT celebrating. More like looking into the best possible nutt houses for me to check into...lol. This is gonna make me crazy Im afraid.

benkfd

Forum Crew Member
For those of you that are going to be taking test's soon, "Good Luck to you!!!!!" Just remember to stay calm, BREATHE and go with your gut instinct.
I just took my NR Medic test in December so I know how nerve racking it is. :rolleyes:

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
My confirmed test date is THIS TUESDAY !!! HOLY CRAP. Someone calm my nerves, and wish me luck...lol.

I got a call the other day from a girl that found out her oral boards got moved up three days, and couldn't find anyone to take her shift. She just wanted me to cover her shift from noon to 1800, but she sounded tired and frazzled. I told her I'd take her entire shift, so she could sleep in, have a nice breakfast, relax a little before hand, and have a celebratory drink after.

Though I myself can do anything to help alleviate your stress, I suggest you do the same. Relax, get some pancakes, and take a couple shots of happiness at the bar afterwords.

Dustoff

Forum Probie
That's what I meant to say Papabear don't know how prune juice got in.
She ma yneed a prayer too, if her best friend is a S&W!!
I got a call the other day from a girl that found out her oral boards got moved up three days, and couldn't find anyone to take her shift. She just wanted me to cover her shift from noon to 1800, but she sounded tired and frazzled. I told her I'd take her entire shift, so she could sleep in, have a nice breakfast, relax a little before hand, and have a celebratory drink after.

Though I myself can do anything to help alleviate your stress, I suggest you do the same. Relax, get some pancakes, and take a couple shots of happiness at the bar afterwords.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
For those of you that are going to be taking test's soon, "Good Luck to you!!!!!" Just remember to stay calm, BREATHE and go with your gut instinct.
I just took my NR Medic test in December so I know how nerve racking it is. :rolleyes:

So how are things in Kendaltucky? :p Just kidding... I lived in Fort Wayne for a couple of years and even briefly (keyword there) dated a girl from K-ville. Hope the snow is treating you well.

To Ms. Medic: Good luck! Obviously I've never taken the medic (or even the basic) test but I would assume the same rules apply as they do to other tests: Breathe, go with the best answer and do something afterward to celebrate getting through it. If it were me I'd have a good steak and wash it down with a Killians draft. B)

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
To Ms. Medic: Good luck! Obviously I've never taken the medic (or even the basic) test but I would assume the same rules apply as they do to other tests: Breathe, go with the best answer and do something afterward to celebrate getting through it. If it were me I'd have a good steak and wash it down with a Killians draft. B)

The only thing that applies is the nervousness. From what I've heard and seen of the the ALS tests, you better know the answer or you're toast. Multiple guess doesn't work out well.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Take a deep breath and breath............... Good luck on your test! :)

medic417

The Truth Provider
The answer is as simple as ABC or was it D? lol. Just relax. If you get uptight you will over think the questions.

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 'I did it' comes after the exam date!
Good Luck or should I say, Good skills!
Hopefully after that you can 12 Lead to your heart desire!

Cheers Enjoynz