HVA Michigan, Anybody? Couple hiring questions

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
On Monday I have an oral interview and I have a second interview already setup for Wednesday. I was told the second interview involved a

Written test
Physical Agility Test
Oral Board
Interview with the Medical Director

I have no worries about the physical agility test or the oral interviews, however I'm worried about the written test.. Does anybody have any clue what this test is like for Medic, compared to lets say NR? I've got my books back out and am trying to get back into that testing mode instead of the "real world" mode and actually stressing out over this. Ever since my EMT-B school I've wanted to work for this company and I finally decided now I was ready to apply, don't wanna blow this.

This application has been 2 years in the making while I was out trying to get as much exp as I could, I feel like I"m walking in blind. Paranoid, yeah probably.. :p

redcrossemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Does anybody have any clue what this test is like for Medic, compared to lets say NR?

From what I've heard, oral interviews are very much like for fire - a few questions about you, some clear-cut medical questions, some medical scenario questions, and some ethical scenario questions. Make sure to spend time to ask whatever you want to know as well - including pay, benefits, shift times, training program (it's long and involved, but not necessarily a bad thing), etc.

If you did well on the NREMTP and EMTP class exams, you will be fine on the written.

Are you applying for central / Ann Arbor, or for MCA (I noticed you are from the "South")?

OP
OP
H

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
I'm applying for MCA, part time position. I'm hoping I'll do just fine on the tests, I passed my NR first attempt and had no problems with class etc. I downloaded the Monroe Country Protocols and am studying those just in case there are any county specific questions.

I guess first step is to make it past tomorrows "first" interview and go from there. The whole hiring and orientation/training process is pretty intense looking, but again that's why I want to work here.. I managed to go through my entire medic class while battling cancer and going through 5 day a week 8 hour chemo days, I'm sure I can handle a written and oral board ;0)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
It would be great if you could come back and provide a detailed account of your hiring process.

I was interviewed by a private service owned by HVA several years ago, and it included a written test and traditional interview. That was it.

Good luck!