How long will I wait for my licence to come in the mail?

Kurtzpower

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone,

I'm brand new to the forum, and I was wondering if anyone in Illinois could tell me how long it may be before my licence will come in the mail. Today marks 3 weeks since I passed my exam, and have heard nothing back from the state or the testing services. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Not from Illinois, so the best I can off is call the state ems office and ask them. This is the preferred method for several reasons. You'll get information right from the horses mouth instead of from a t third party who may or many not have any actual idea what they're talking about, you'll get current information, not what it was like "back in my day", and most importantly, you'll be advised of any special circumstances that nobody that doesn't call and speak to the office directly about this period in time will know about(like "someone spilled a burrito in the one and only printer set up to print cards and were waiting on a widget from Bangladesh to fix it. Shouldn't be more than another week"). Even the guy that got his card a month ago in Illinois can't tell you about the burrito accident.

So just call the office. You're paying them for your card, you can impose upon them a phone call.

OP
OP
Kurtzpower

Kurtzpower

Forum Ride Along
Not from Illinois, so the best I can off is call the state ems office and ask them. This is the preferred method for several reasons. You'll get information right from the horses mouth instead of from a t third party who may or many not have any actual idea what they're talking about, you'll get current information, not what it was like "back in my day", and most importantly, you'll be advised of any special circumstances that nobody that doesn't call and speak to the office directly about this period in time will know about(like "someone spilled a burrito in the one and only printer set up to print cards and were waiting on a widget from Bangladesh to fix it. Shouldn't be more than another week"). Even the guy that got his card a month ago in Illinois can't tell you about the burrito accident.

So just call the office. You're paying them for your card, you can impose upon them a phone call.

Thanks for giving me some direction on this, I can't get a shred of help from my instructors or even the director of my program. Sad to have to reach out for help on some thing like this, but I'm grateful for such a fast response, very helpful. I'll have to wait till Monday to call, but I'm used to waiting at this point.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Thanks for giving me some direction on this, I can't get a shred of help from my instructors or even the director of my program. Sad to have to reach out for help on some thing like this, but I'm grateful for such a fast response, very helpful. I'll have to wait till Monday to call, but I'm used to waiting at this point.

Add your instructors to the list of people who can't help you. They can tell you averages, but we're all individuals with different issues. Imigration status, criminal history, right down to handwriting and typographical errors on the paperwork...

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
In Michigan, I remember waiting... and waiting... and waiting. Finally I called the number I found on the website, expecting some huge department.

It was one person.

I'd email/call and ask:

Phone: 217-785-2080
Facsimile: 217-557-3481
Email: DPH.EMTLIC@illinois.gov

Good luck!

OP
OP
Kurtzpower

Kurtzpower

Forum Ride Along
In Michigan, I remember waiting... and waiting... and waiting. Finally I called the number I found on the website, expecting some huge department.

It was one person.

I'd email/call and ask:

Phone: 217-785-2080
Facsimile: 217-557-3481
Email: DPH.EMTLIC@illinois.gov

Good luck!

Thanks Miz, I think that one person is on lunch permanently, or at least all of Monday's shift.

OP
OP
Kurtzpower

Kurtzpower

Forum Ride Along
Thanks Miz, I think that one person is on lunch permanently, or at least all of Monday's shift.
Add your instructors to the list of people who can't help you. They can tell you averages, but we're all individuals with different issues. Imigration status, criminal history, right down to handwriting and typographical errors on the paperwork...

Update: I called the office and got a hold of the EMS department, they gave me a PIN number and directed me to their website, $45 later I have now a solid 10 business days until it comes in the mail. Thanks for you help you two, much appreciated.