Houston bound...

mpc83

Forum Probie
So the hubs just got offered a great job at an oil company in Houston, Texas. I'm currently finishing my ride time for medic (less than 100 to go!) I've finished and passed class, I test skills next week and hopefully test by the end of October So yes I'm still a "paramaybe"....but barring all the complications that go with testing, moving, reciprocity etc, Where are great places to work ? I honestly have minimal experience but have a great attitude to learn and I'm (of course) willing to work my way up. I even like nights! I'm not quite where to start with things and would like to end up at a good service and gain all that "wonderful" experience =) Thanks for all y'alls help!

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Hey, we talk to Texans, too.
Yippee tye-yiy-yay. See? We speak the lingo.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
IFT (with maybe a little bit of 911!)
AMR
Acadian

These are the only two real players with stability in the Houston area and account for nearly 75% of the hospital contracts in the region (One has the Memorial Hermann contract and one has the majority of the HCA contract). Both are also the only 2 major players for IFT CCT/SCT level transports.

Cypress Creek EMS
Montgomery County Hospital District
Harris County Emergency Corps
Cy-Fair VFD
Atascocita VFD
South Lake Houston EMS
Pearland EMS
and a few more, but I'd personally start with these.............

Pay varies widely for Paramedics, could be $14/hr., could be $25/hr. Benefits also vary, but if your hubby has the oil gig, he probably has the better benefits as well.

Good luck, feel free to message me with any other questions...........

SWEMT

Forum Ride Along
Try applying with Best Care EMS. They have a number of Basic and Paramedic shifts available. Direct deposit and benefits. The company has been around for over 15 years, and holds the Harris County Hospital District contract. When I’m on shift, I end up running a lot of critical care calls for all the county clinics and hospitals.

FNGperpetual

Forum Crew Member
Craigslist is a spot to find emt jobs..there are many ems service looking for people "now" so, if you want "A" job, can be found on craigalist, till you find "the"job.

Best care is great. The owner will get on the truck, if needed. DO is great. you will get to do er calls :) goid online scheduling. There are a lot of doosh service in town...best care is not.

Orion is growing, and i hear ther pay is good. They have nice trucks. (It hot in houston,so good ac is nice) . New Quest has nice trucks, and great pay. I think ther are ownd by a HFD guy. AMR and Acadian. City Ambulance is growing and so is Baystar.

I would check out Cypress Creek EMS and Harris County Emergency Corps. You can voulnteer, as a third rider. 911.

MCHD and GCHD would be interesting job prospects. Galveston County EMS, starts you out on a transfer truck, then you can move to 911.