Hospital Staff Yelling at You

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
hogwiley - you have developed a very hardened attitude, and perhaps that is just the culture at your hospital, but if you don't think that it shines through and affects your interactions, you are fooling yourself.

*MAYBE* the ICU? :wacko:

Don't be mad, Summit!

mycrofft

I still argue that the bedrock essential distillation is that pissing on people at work is not alright. Especially if it is because you think they are inferior and/or you can get away with it. My take is that I'm here to do my best and help you do your best to meet mission and help patients, and if you have issues which interfere with that by being offensive, I will not care about your issues until you stop and we can get back to work.

ambo000

Forum Ride Along
Tell em

'Never look down on a paramedic because one day you might be looking up at one'.

All the best!!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Burned out paramedics can be rather unpleasant, too.

My girlfriend continuously points out how much more tolerable I am now that I've had a bunch of time away from the streets lol.

mycrofft

Tell em

'Never look down on a paramedic because one day you might be looking up at one'.

All the best!!

There's a T-Shirt!

mycrofft

My girlfriend continuously points out how much more tolerable I am now that I've had a bunch of time away from the streets lol.

My better half of forty years says the same about my leaving the jails.

Not speaking to Robb directly, watch "Bring out the Dead" then remember that there is a whole real and relatively healthy world out there. Go watch a kids soccer game or attend a fair or something. Go bowling. Put down the stethoscope for a while.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My better half of forty years says the same about my leaving the jails.

Not speaking to Robb directly, watch "Bring out the Dead" then remember that there is a whole real and relatively healthy world out there. Go watch a kids soccer game or attend a fair or something. Go bowling. Put down the stethoscope for a while.

Quoted for emphasis.

I forgot to do that. Almost prematurely ended my career. I learned a valuable lesson.

Work to live rather than live to work.

Saber2

Forum Ride Along
Sorry Bro for the rudeness in my fellow nurses, I work Critical Care on an Ambulance and have to be EMT certified, I have worked both sides of that fence, you have to take it an individual at a time, maintain your composure, be professional when you want to pull out their hair, ask them politely if their charge nurse is available to discuss the matter, or her boss, if appropriate, that usually gets their attention. I think that sometimes nurses get .chewed out so it is the natural thing to pass it down the chain.