HIV-infected man charged with assault after spitting on 3

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader

DAYTON | — Three counts of assault on emergency medical personal were approved Wednesday against a 50-year-old HIV-positive man stemming from a Tuesday clash, Montgomery County Prosecutor Mathias H. Heck Jr. said.
Tools

Conviction on each of the counts carries a maximum penalty of two years in prison.

Dayton police said paramedics responded to the 200 block of Hamilton Avenue about 7 p.m. and recovered a man who was suffering seizures.

Read More!

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
MMiz said:

DAYTON | — Three counts of assault on emergency medical personal were approved Wednesday against a 50-year-old HIV-positive man stemming from a Tuesday clash, Montgomery County Prosecutor Mathias H. Heck Jr. said.
Tools

Conviction on each of the counts carries a maximum penalty of two years in prison.

Dayton police said paramedics responded to the 200 block of Hamilton Avenue about 7 p.m. and recovered a man who was suffering seizures.

Read More!

I agree 100% with them pressing charges!

dizzymedic

Forum Probie
Same here, the man knew he was infected and spit on them intentionaly. We endure too many things on our day to day job and i find it's good that someone puts their foot down.

pfmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Someone please post the results of the tests, if you find out... I want know if the guys are ok.

Throw the book at that unhappy man if you must, but what can you do to an HIV positive man that has not already been done? He has already been sentenced by you-know-who.

-pf.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
pfmedic said:
Someone please post the results of the tests, if you find out... I want know if the guys are ok.

Throw the book at that unhappy man if you must, but what can you do to an HIV positive man that has not already been done? He has already been sentenced by you-know-who.

-pf.
Can't do that - HIPPA, DUH!

;)

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
This is a situation where I would openly jeopardize my license and punch the guy in the throat.

Maximum of 2 years? you have GOT to be KIDDING me. This country sometimes just blows me away.:angry:

gradygirl

TROUBLE
I know a police officer who was pricked by a needle found in the pocket of a man he was arresting. The man said he was HIV positive. After weeks of the officer being treated and tested, the man admitted that he had lied about having HIV in the hope that he would be treated better by the police. :angry: