Hiring (With a misdeameanor)

Motive

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys I have a question consisting of the hiring process in ILLINOIS, while having a misdemeanor on my record. The charge was for marijuana and it is about 2 years old, I am currently in the expungement process. I just have to wait about 6-7 months in order for it to complete processing. So my question is, does this trouble the chances of me being hired in Illinois by a private ambulance company? If so, how can I go around it? Because it is currently in the process of being expunged..(all I'm waiting for is for the court date to get my paper and I'm fine). Please get back to me when you guys can, and I truly appreciate it!

stemi

Forum Crew Member
I cant say this with 100% certainty, but from what I've seen there are companies that overlook marijuana charges that are more than 2 years old, but, YMMV.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The canned response: EMTs are a dime a dozen and there are plenty of EMTs seeking employment with no record. All things being equal, a company is more likely to take the applicant with no record.

That said with time and expungement it might be a non issue, you'll never know till you try.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Employment will be hard but not impossible, as others have said, it depends on the supply and demand of EMT's in your area..

keep applying and be agressive about it