Hired!

ArgentinianEmt

Forum Ride Along
Finally after finishing my emt course in the spring, I was called up for an interview with Rural Metro and they took me despite my Zero experience on the field; interesting interview. If anyone needs any feedback on what to expect, please ask!

Fbarba123

Forum Lieutenant
CONGRATS!

The odds were against you but you made it!

Rural/Metro might be taking over the 911 contract over here in Santa Clara County!?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
so..uh..what can i expect when looking for my first EMT job? lol

Long discouraging waits to try and get any EMT-B job there is since the market is so oversaturated with EMTs

biolife87

Forum Probie
Finally after finishing my emt course in the spring, I was called up for an interview with Rural Metro and they took me despite my Zero experience on the field; interesting interview. If anyone needs any feedback on what to expect, please ask!

What was so interesting about the interview? I have an interview today with a different company

Last edited by a moderator:

emtJR86

Forum Probie
I never will understand this, going in they say "Hell YEAH, there's a shortage," and then when it comes time to employ, there's nothing out there...very few in Michigan, however if we don't get some other industry here, there won't be any pt to treat.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I never will understand this, going in they say "Hell YEAH, there's a shortage," and then when it comes time to employ, there's nothing out there...very few in Michigan, however if we don't get some other industry here, there won't be any pt to treat.

There is a shortage of good experienced EMTs and medics. A lot of places don't want to bother with brand new EMTs, and I really can't blame them sometimes

Cohn

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah I agree that's why I opted to volunteer so they can pay for my firefighting school increasing my chances to get with a FD or a ambulance company.

SanDiegoEmt7

Forum Captain

Congratulations!!! By skipping the private companies of SD county you are so far ahead of the game!

What was interesting about their interview? 5 year plan, general questions, protocol questions. Unless they changed it.