Hi Guys

NREMT08

Forum Probie
It's been a while since I have posted anything, I have been really busy lately, but I wanted to say Hi, and tell you I got into the fire academy, It starts in one month and I am sooo excited! I am an EMT-B and after I finish fire school, I might go get my Paramedic, not sure yet, I was thinking.....maybe I should work as a FF/EMT for a while and get some OJT before I go to Paramedic school, what do you guys think?

mdkemt

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats!

Good luck in school. I myself am heading back this fall to get my Advance Care Paramedic. I think getting on the job experience is a great asset but it is really how comfortable you feel. I have heard that in the states you can go right into the Paramedic level but here in Canada you have to work a min of 2 years with fulltime hours before you can apply. Well in Saskatchewan that is!

Either way have fun and stay safe!

MDKEMT

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
Congrats...i would look into working the job enough until you feel totally comfortable before going to medic school. you don't want the stress of learning a new job plus learning a ton of new skill sets.

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
Well going into a new job as an EMT/FF I would probally wait 6 or so months so see how your sched. settles down.