Hi all. :)

Brian Collins

Forum Ride Along
New to the site and wanted to say hi. Am a medic in NYC and also trainer/nutrition coach. Glad to talk about fitness/nutrition , especially as it applies to EMS providers. Look forward to talking to you all :)
Brian

jwoods

Forum Probie
Hey Brian welcome.
Any thoughts on crossfit. I've seen incredible results and on the other hand seen some horrific off duty injuries, resulting in career enders.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Welcome Brian,

OP
OP
B

Brian Collins

Forum Ride Along
Hi all :) Ty EMT11KDL for the welcome, And jwoods, I work with a growing number of folks who are using Crossfit and totally love it. Ive gone to a few classes and can see what the draw is. But like most systems that use a high intensity component, there is a real chance of injury. I think that anyone who is going into Crossfit, especially if they are not regularly exercising already, need to have a patient gradual approach. AN absolute must is the beginner classes that any reputable Crossfit Box would have for new members. And ask the instructors background, in addition to being a Crossfit certified trainer, they should have some background relevant to exercise, being a personal trainer, strength and conditioning coach, etc. And for the trainee, know and respect your body and its limits. Thanks for asking, hope this helped a little.

Brian