Here you go.

Turner

Forum Crew Member
Dispatched to a local restaurant/bar for heart attack manger says CPR in progress. We get there no CPR in progess medics working on him. Well he fell hit is head and was bleeding from the back of his head. Well he put him on a long board no cspine used. Long board was used to move PT. Well we transport him to Trauma center. We get there all the doctors were going crazy "No cspine!!" Is he trauma or medical nobody knows and they were yelling at each if he was a trauma or medical and yelling at us for no C spine it was funny.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
Funny?? This is absolutely pathetic!

And there are people out here scratching their heads in bewilderment wondering why EMS lacks respect and professionalism.

TheDoll

Forum Captain
this is one of the most bizarre posts that i've ever read on here. i don't think it's funny either. how did he get onto a long board without a c-collar? you're darn right you'd get yelled at if you did that around here!

mikie

Forum Lurker
no C spine it was funny.

I guess since we weren't there it wasn't funny? perhaps your forgetting something or I just misread (grammar)?

But you moved then transferred a TRAUMA patient without any c-spine precaution? Were there even head-blocks?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I doubt it will be funny when the State EMS Authority reviews your PCR and then you receive a subpoena to appear in a hearing for possible actions... Yeah, it is no laughing criteria...

R/r 911

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I am so confused. What happaned?

OP
OP
T

Turner

Forum Crew Member
Yes we all decide that the guy did not need cspine. He wasn't a trauma PT at all he was a medical and the doctors put him in truma any way.

reaper

Working Bum
Well he fell hit is head and was bleeding from the back of his head.

Sounds like he had trauma, to me.

reaper

Working Bum
What is vtechy?

CPR has no impact on decision to immobilize!

A.Anaka

Forum Probie
This is an entertaining thread. I highly doubt that any form of trained EMT would ever refer to a heart rhythm as "V-Techy" as well as not taking c-spine precautions on someone who hit their head after a fall.

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
He also went in to Vtechy and had cpr performed on him.

Ok, still don't understand how this is funny? So I will re-cap, they say CPR was being performed, but then you say it wasn't. He had a rear head wound and was bleeding, blood isn't funny nor is a wound to the head. Then he went in to,"Vtechy and had cpr performed on him." So either theirs a part missing, you didn't understand what was going on, or your lying. Or is it that dispatch messed up the call, which really isn't unusual?

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
What is vtechy?

CPR has no impact on decision to immobilize!

I'm assuming they meant V-Tach, and forget that CPR has no impact on immobilization the guy FELL lol, and has a wound to the back of his head whos to say he didn't mess up his spine?
(P.S. Not attacking you, just rambled after your quote LOL)

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
this is either a terrible joke or the worst ems crew in the history of ever.

volff21

Forum Probie
Yes we all decide that the guy did not need cspine. He wasn't a trauma PT at all he was a medical and the doctors put him in truma any way.

if he hits his head doesn't that mean a c-spine injury is possible????????? i always thought it did, for cpr all our pt's are boarded anyway whats an extra 20 secs for collar and cids???????

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Apparently, we have a Troll in our midst and as displayed got the "jargon" wrong, or either a very poor typist or EMT ....Who knows maybe all three?

Couple of things, if your going to post at least either:

a) learn how to spell

b) know the correct name(s) of procedures, terminology, etc.

c) expect not to be taken seriously with such outlandish statements, unless you have not really got a clue on what you are doing.

d) all of the above

volff21

Forum Probie
Dispatched to a local restaurant/bar for heart attack manger says CPR in progress. We get there no CPR in progess medics working on him. Well he fell hit is head and was bleeding from the back of his head. Well he put him on a long board no cspine used. Long board was used to move PT. Well we transport him to Trauma center. We get there all the doctors were going crazy "No cspine!!" Is he trauma or medical nobody knows and they were yelling at each if he was a trauma or medical and yelling at us for no C spine it was funny.

what did you do?besides laugh

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
what did you do?besides laugh

Put em on a long spine board and transport? haha

Any one wanna run this as if it was an actuall job?