Help Please

EMS91

Forum Ride Along
In need of help, I'm 20 years old and do not really have any job experience and when it comes to medical nada. I recently passed the NREMT. I will attending an orientation in Jan at San Francisco Genreal as a volunteer in the Trauma department. Basicaly I need advice as to how to go about my resume, should I wait to get some hours in as a volunteer b/c as of now I have nothing connecting/tieing me to the medical field. I would really like to get some apps in asap. Any general advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is what I've thrown together(changed information so its all false)
Thanks in advance!

**** Harrison
1651 Stooge Ave Berkeley, CA 94707 510 463 3463 harridick@gmailcom

OBJECTIVE

To serve a position as an Emergency Medical Technician, progressing my training towards the development of experience to further better myself and as a result the care my patients receive

QUALIFICATIONS

• County/State licensed Emergency Medical Technician
Registry Number: E084792
• California Ambulance Driver Certificate Date Issued 11/02/11
Medical Examination Report (DL 51)
• Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation and Automatic External Defibrillator Certificate
American Heart Association Date Issued 3/11/11
• Maintained Driving Report Sufficiently Clear to Permit Insurability
• Excellent Capability to Communicate Written and Orally, Follow Written and Verbal Directions
• Strong Physical Ability
• Efficiently Perform Long Term Work Under Unexpected Conditions Involving Mental and Physical Stress
• Non-User of Cigarettes, Tobacco Products and Unlawful or Illicit Medicines

EDUCATION

Berkeley City College; Berkeley, Ca 94117
Fire Science;

Alameda High School; Alameda, Ca 94501 05-06

Berkeley High School; Berkeley, Ca 94706
High School Diploma
06-09
EXPERIENCE

Solano Kid’s; Berkeley, Ca 94707 6/09-9/11
Sales Associate
• Cashier
• Assisted Customer Service
• Itemized Inventory

ACTIVITES

• Active 24 Hour Fitness Gym Member
• Track and Field

REFRENCES

References Available Upon Request

Joe

Forum Captain
looks pretty decent. i however never put fire science on my emt stuff. most places want someone as an emt not as a ff. i know for sure there is a company around here that wont even consider you if you are inclined to go fire at any point in your career. my resume looked similar to yours and i had no medical experiance either. try to *** more activities if you have them

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
You might not want to post your name, address, etc on a public forum.

WhiskeySix5

Forum Crew Member
Clean up the grammatical errors that plague your resume, ditch the "activities" section, and I would get rid of the "objective" as most employers know what you want. Instead, you might consider an "Overview" which explains very briefly why you would be a good EMT, and how your past job has given you the customer service and empathy skills needed in the field...or something to that effect.

Outside of that you need to apply, and follow up with each application. Sell who you are, not what you "have not yet done". Many times I would hire a new EMT with strong character who can be trained to do things the right way, over an experienced one with bad habits that we do not need.

W

Last edited by a moderator:

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

*MX-EMT

Forum Crew Member
DILLON MYERS
1111 Tigrina. La Habra City, CA 90**1 (562) 237-****
_____________________________________________________________________________________

OBJECTIVE: To obtain the position of Emergency Medical Technician.

EXPERIENCE EMT, Rescue X Mobile Emergency Medical Service, Brea, CA Present
Transport BLS and ALS level patients to our mobile command unit while operating emergency off road vehicles. Work alongside paramedic partner before transferring patient care to outside ambulance agency.

EMT, Milestone Mx Park, Riverside, CA Present
Provide EMT Basic Life Support to all medical and traumatic patients on our premises while operating an emergency off road vehicle. Work as a sole provider before transferring patient care to outside ambulance agency.

Member, Long Beach Search and Rescue, Long Beach, CA Present
Work on a volunteer unit that is on call 24 hours a day and is trained to respond to incidents such as natural disasters, large fires, Emergency rescue operations, and public safety events.

Explorer, La Habra Heights Fire Department, La Habra Heights, CA Present
Participate in one 24 hour ride along shift a week on either a paramedic squad or an engine. As Captain of the post, Train explorers in skills such as fire suppression, EMT skills, physical fitness, dispatch, and fire station duties.

EDUCATION Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut, CA 2010 - Present
Fire Science Core Classes; general education; 16.5 Units

La Habra High School, La Habra, CA 2006 - 2010
High School Diploma; Forensic/Police/Fire Academy 3yrs

CERTIFICATIONS
• Long Beach Search and Rescue Academy Certificate of Completion
• California Fire Explorer Academy Certificate of Completion
• Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
• ICS 100
• Low Angle Rope Rescue
• Auto Extrication

COMMUNITY
SERVICE
• Dogs Days of Summer
• Avocado Fest
• American Llama Show Association

GOALS
• Associate of Arts Degree from Mt. San Antonio College-2013
• El Comino Fire Academy August 2012
• Paramedic School-2012

PLAIN and SIMPLE. by no mean am i saying that mine is any where near perfect. But just get to the point dont fill your resume in with boring wuick bullet points like the bottom half of your qualifications. The posisition your applying for you really dont need all of that extra stuff that they dont want to read. idk hope this helps. and apply everywhere you can definately get a spot on an AMB with no experiance and all of the certs that you have. Good luck!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Llama show? XD Tina you fat lard, come get your ham!

Relevant: I've used the longer drawn out objectives like you did, not the short "to obtain blah blah position." I've gotten every job I've interviewed for with it. But who knows, it may be different.

Last edited by a moderator:

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Being he posted his license number, he posted his first/last name , county. Enough to find everything else. Might want to remove that info from public forum.