Help Please: I'm appyling as an EMT-B for the FIRST time. ADVICE?

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
yeah i got an interview next week, the fun part is i ride a motorcycle. So ill be cruizing down the highway in a suit on a motorcycle, good times.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
funny thing, I actually HAVE a suit, but I just remembered it, no time to dry clean. Crap. Although I don't know if I'd wear the suit.

I did find a shirt, now I just need a tie, gonna try this stuff on in a few to see if my belt shows up, if not I'll just use this belt.

Now to study, got a lot to catch up on.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Got the job, assuming my vehicle report comes back clean. Worried about that now. Whoops

Arkymedic

Forum Captain
I would formally write a personal note of thanks for the interview to the V.P., even if you are not hired. This will make a lasting impression, and if there is another position, they may remember you .. Be special, than the usual!

Good luck!

R/r 911

I agree Rid. You would be suprised how much a follow up letter and phone call of thanks can impress people in this time of an "entitlement" generation basic.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
I did wear the shirt and tie, I felt a bit overdressed but I got the job. Like I said though, I gotta wait to see about my driving record, I have a 'fireable' ticket that was three years ago that I told him about but he said to 'wait and see' so we'll do that.

OP
OP
basic

basic

Forum Crew Member
Way to stay ontop of it and not get built up on that one application. Good YOB! :rolleyes:

I'm in no hurry, my job now pays more than all the ambulance companies around here. Plus this is the only company that will get you on an ALS rig in about two months. Others are all transport for minimum wage or a few bucks more.

It's worth the wait. :p

OP
OP
basic

basic

Forum Crew Member
yeah i got an interview next week, the fun part is i ride a motorcycle. So ill be cruizing down the highway in a suit on a motorcycle, good times.

lol that must be a blast. in my first car, i didn't have AC and that always made going to interviews interesting to say the least

firecoins

IFT Puppet
My only advice is to not invest in Bear Sterns.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Hey, last I heard Bear Stears was up to an entire $10/share. That's a big deal over the initial $2/share when the deal was first announced. (I still like the Fark.com headline about it going for something along the lines of "2 beers and a stripper to be named later").

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Hey, last I heard Bear Stears was up to an entire $10/share. That's a big deal over the initial $2/share when the deal was first announced. (I still like the Fark.com headline about it going for something along the lines of "2 beers and a stripper to be named later").

well Its a good thing you didn't get it at $140/share.

JPINFV

Gadfly
What does that mean?

http://www.economist.com/finance/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10926298

Cliff notes:
Bear Stearns is an investment bank that handed out a lot of sub-prime loans (if you don't know about the sub-prime melt down then you aren't in touch with current events). The bank was headed towards bankruptcy when JPMorgan bought it with an initial offer of $2/share. Due to pressure from stockholders and employees (employees own about 1/3 of the company's stock), the new offer is $10/share. In comparison, the company's stock was trading in the $60-70 range (albeit down from the $80 range in February) the few days before the merge announcement was made.

firecoins

IFT Puppet

JPINFV

Gadfly
Wait till the Bear Stearns stock holders start committing suicide as they watch their stocks become slightly less valuable than a German Mark post World War 1.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Wait till the Bear Stearns stock holders start committing suicide as they watch their stocks become slightly less valuable than a German Mark post World War 1.

I am worried bout my friend Alan Greenburg, former CEO. He built the company up only watch go down the tube in less than a week.

OP
OP
basic

basic

Forum Crew Member
Interview went great! drug test/physical tomorrow and then 1 week long "academy" starting on the 28th. then 7 24hr training shifts to get on the schedule!!! :)