Help me Name my Side Project (brainstorming session, please!)

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
Hi EMTLifers,

Was wondering if all you fine folks could help me brainstorm?

I need to name my side project, which I started doing for fun and to give back to EMS, but has grown and grown to the point where I need to make it a little more formal.

Basically, I started helping out students doing resumes and coverletters at the EMT school where I teach. That lead to overall "career coaching" for healthcare, EMS and fire. Then I got hired on at two other community colleges and EMT programs to help their students with this. Most recently, people started hearing about my services through word of mouth and here I am needing to name/formalize this thing which not so long ago was just a small side project.

So, here are the services which I provide:
- resume writing
- cover letters
-copy editing
- career coaching seminars
- healthcare based careers counseling
- EMS career counseling
- fire prep (wasn't my idea but various schools kept requesting it) career counseling
- interview prep

I generally do this for free, or am paid by the school, or a small fee for individuals.

So, any suggestions on what to name it?

Beandip, Inc?
Beandip, LLC? (obviously those would be my irl name)
Top Dog Careers? (I like dogs)

I was thinking something medical-sounding, but everything I think of sounds lame.
Fascia Resumes? I'm not sure just to call it "Resumes" because I have more services than just resumes...
Medical Matrix?
Matrix Medical?

any other suggestions? I'd love to come up with a healthcare-sounding-ish name... I'm just drawing blanks.

Also, anyone on here ever start their own business? How did you go about setting it up? I was planning on using LegalZoom- looks to be about $500 and they prettymuch walk you through it. Any advice along those lines?

Thanks everyone for reading, and any ideas/thoughts you have to offer.
Cheers :)
Bean

JPINFV

Gadfly
Emergency Medical Resumes (EMR). Bonus initial double entendre with "emergency medical responder."

OP
OP
beandip4all

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
Emergency Medical Resumes (EMR). Bonus initial double entendre with "emergency medical responder."

not bad... :) although also do a lot for future general health care practitioners- nurses, allied health careers, PAs.... think those types of potential clients would be put off by the emphasis in the name on Emergency Med?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Look Brown is just not even going to help until you answer where in the bloody hell is Brown's bean dip? :D

Just use your name

OP
OP
beandip4all

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
oh PS if I end up using the name anyone from here suggests I'll send you a $50 amazon gift certificate as a thank you!

JPINFV

Gadfly
not bad... :) although also do a lot for future general health care practitioners- nurses, allied health careers, PAs.... think those types of potential clients would be put off by the emphasis in the name on Emergency Med?

It could. How quickly are you looking to spread out to non-EMS fields? Also, there's value in being specialized in a niche if you fulfill that niche well.

OP
OP
beandip4all

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
Look Brown is just not even going to help until you answer where in the bloody hell is Brown's bean dip? :D

Just use your name

Brown, I make 7-layer beandip whenever I go to a pot luck. I'm going to a potluck in Oakland, CA on Sept 17th. Want to come??? otherwise, you're gonna have to invite me somewhere if you want some beandip.

As far as just using my name: here is why I shy away from that:
1.) there is a pretty decent pro-footballer named my irl name, and so he tends to google-kill anything involving my name
2.) I have my own health care and career goals which I'm working toward that are NOT connected with this side-project (PA school)... this is just something I do on the side for fun and to help out students and career changers. Soooo.... I'm a bit hesitant to pin my name to this too much... if that makes sense? Since I don't necessarily want it to be my main gig?

OP
OP
beandip4all

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
It could. How quickly are you looking to spread out to non-EMS fields? Also, there's value in being specialized in a niche if you fulfill that niche well.

already am in non-ems fields. as far as, a large % of EMT students these days are hoping to go into non-ems jobs...

I'd say right now I do 40% fire, 40% health care that is non-ems, and 20% straight ems

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Why not just perform your services for cash, no hassles with becoming a business that way? Thats what Brown did for the years he was a self employed ad-hoc web developer, computer techo and resume writer

And thank you for the offer but Brown is in reality a white boy, who would probably get murdered if he set foot in Alameda County again ... did it once and got hassled by a bunch of weirdos at the Oakland Colosseum BART station :D

JPINFV

Gadfly
already am in non-ems fields. as far as, a large % of EMT students these days are hoping to go into non-ems jobs...

I'd say right now I do 40% fire, 40% health care that is non-ems, and 20% straight ems

If I'm reading this correctly, the majority of your clients are EMTs, regardless of their end goal. Correct?

OP
OP
beandip4all

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
Why not just perform your services for cash, no hassles with becoming a business that way? Thats what Brown did for the years he was a self employed ad-hoc web developer, computer techo and resume writer
i've been doing it for cash for the past 2 years, wanted to become a little more official now... hence the brainstorming. we'll have to grab a cold beer if you ever do find yourself in the bay area again! cheers :)

If I'm reading this correctly, the majority of your clients are EMTs, regardless of their end goal. Correct?
the majority, yes... tho i have helped out several nursing students with no EMS background...

medic417

The Truth Provider
Whackers-R-Us.:p:rofl:

Name recognition is key. Think of many successful businesses their names most often say nothing about the service they sale.

So Beandipforall your one stop resource for Medical Professionals looking for career placement and advancement.

Or Beandip4all Medical Career Placement Services INC. a LLC.

Form a LLC.

Last edited by a moderator:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
EMS Pre-employment Workshop?

OP
OP
beandip4all

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
Code 3 Careers?

edit: Medic417, Whackers R Us is awesome :D

crazycajun

Forum Captain
PMCS Professional Medical Career Services

OP
OP
beandip4all

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone like "The Career Defibrillator" or "Resume Defibrillator"

socalmedic

Mediocre at best

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Since you have a pulse on the medical industry, why not, Pulse Placement services.

mcdonl

Forum Captain
Have you condidered coaching them BEFORE they make the misktake of going into EMS?

Im kidding :)

How about EPI-center?