Hello =)

Johnny_B_Good

Forum Probie
Just dropping a line saying hello to all the people out there. My name is Johnny and I just joined today. I've been totally addicted to the forum so far! It's pretty cool to see lots of people contributing and helping people out. I hold a B.A. in Deaf Studies (Communication Sciences & Services), and I'm going back to school to take a EMT-B class in the fall. I'm getting started now, and reading as much info as I can.

My goal is to get certified as an EMT-B and go from there. I look forward to talking with all of you, contributing to the forum when I can, and MOSTLY FIGURE OUT ALL THOSE ACRONYMS YOU GUYS USE! :wacko:

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Welcome! It's nice to have someone who can spell acronym in the house!

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
OP
OP
Johnny_B_Good

Johnny_B_Good

Forum Probie
See! This is what I'm talking about. Instant help. Thanks! I'm talking about the real acronyms btw, but I'm very interested in the origin of the FDGB. :p

OP
OP
Johnny_B_Good

Johnny_B_Good

Forum Probie
Yo, Firetender...what's it like to work in one of the most beautiful places in the world? Lucky :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:. (I'm referring to Maui of course).

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Lol, but those are so much better, honestly your EMT class will teach you alot of them, but it mostly goes with your department and your medical director on which ones he/she allows you to use. I know with one Department I can use PERRL (Pupils Equal round reactive to light) but with my other department i cant.

1badassEMT-I

Forum Lieutenant
what s, the ones we make up like FDGB (Fall down go boom) or the real ones? :p

http://emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=87

there is the thread with most of them

If you ever get to become ALS (advanced life support) you will come across my acronym FLB (FUNNY LITTLE BEAT) when you not got a clue what the strip you are looking at is.....Just kidding Good Luck on your school!

OP
OP
Johnny_B_Good

Johnny_B_Good

Forum Probie
If you ever get to become ALS (advanced life support) you will come across my acronym FLB (FUNNY LITTLE BEAT) when you not got a clue what the strip you are looking at is.....Just kidding Good Luck on your school!

hehe, thanks buddy!