Hello from South Carolina

wadford

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone! I start my EMT-B class on Tuesday and I'm super excited! I was wondering what everyone else thought of the class when you took it. Also what your first call was. Thanks yall!

Jackson

Forum Crew Member
Hi Im also in SC and have two months left of my EMT B class. Where are you taking yours?

OP
OP
wadford

wadford

Forum Crew Member
Hi, I'm taking my class in Charleston at Lowcountry EMS. What about you?

OP
OP
wadford

wadford

Forum Crew Member
What is the hardest thing you've come across so far in class and is it mostly book work or do they really focus on hands on training? That's what I'm looking forward to the most is the hands on stuff.

Jackson

Forum Crew Member
For me, nothing has really been hard at all. It's a combination of written and practical work. Probably 60% written 40% skills.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
What is the hardest thing you've come across so far in class and is it mostly book work or do they really focus on hands on training? That's what I'm looking forward to the most is the hands on stuff.

I teach EMTs, the class really is easy. The Paramedic level is where it gets hard. Passing this class will be no trouble at all for you as long as you do the reading, and study. Ask questions, don't be afraid to ask for clarification. Oh, and study :)

hocomedic

Forum Crew Member
I teach EMTs, the class really is easy. The Paramedic level is where it gets hard. Passing this class will be no trouble at all for you as long as you do the reading, and study. Ask questions, don't be afraid to ask for clarification. Oh, and study :)

i agree with what FISH said as long as you do your work and you are committed then you shouldn't have any issues. My first call during my EMT-B class ride along was a three car accident and my first call after certification was a gentle man at an assisted living place who was naked and puking blood, it was such a wonderful sight. so stay committed and do all your h/w and you should be fine and good luck.