Hello from Iraq!

ExpatMedic

Forum Probie
Been lurking for some time now, figured I would pop in and introduce myself. I'm currently working as an expat for a Medevac/ambulance company in Iraq, but I started my career in the fire/ems service a little over 7 years ago. Before coming to Iraq in June, I was working for a municipal dept. as a firefighter/medic. I look forward to conversing with some of you people, there are definitely some folks here that know quite a bit more about medicine than I do. You may see me popping in now and again for the occasional debate :)

Stay safe.

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
Lurking is always good... nice to know the temp before diving in :p

kd7emt

Forum Crew Member
Howdy! You're there during the good time of the year. It's not unholy hot. I spent some time around the Liberty complex. Look forward to hearing about your perspectives and experiences!

OP
OP
E

ExpatMedic

Forum Probie
Howdy! You're there during the good time of the year. It's not unholy hot. I spent some time around the Liberty complex. Look forward to hearing about your perspectives and experiences!

Yea, it's actually quite nice right now. Not so much during the first 2-3 months I was here. 130 and above was common, with 120's being the norm.

kd7emt

Forum Crew Member
Yeah. Walked into a PX at BIAP and exulted at the "cool" air. Bought a chocolate bar and unwrapped it to discover the completely liquid mess inside. I was stunned until the "cool" air turned out to be 100 degrees. It was definitely time to rotate back to earth.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
take lots of notes (and hide them well, I guess!); it's a world a lot of people would be interested to learn more about, myself included.