hello from california..new emt here

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
just got my state certification today as a matter of fact, been looking around here for a couple of days going over your board.
lot of good information! wish i would have found it before i did my finals my clinical s my ride alongs and national registry :p

oh well i did all right, passed everything the first time,except my trauma assessment did a retake on that the same day and held a 94% class average overall.

i am in california, i have seen a lot of other posters from cali as well,
i have switched up careers late in live, i am 46 with a 6 year old son (he keeps me young):)

anyway, i hope to contribute in some small way, i have posted on a few threads already but just wanted to introduce myself proper.

talk to you later!

Joe

Forum Captain
cool big guy! Welcome. i see your also a biker. where abouts in Ca?

Joe

Forum Captain
yea fresno sucks...no offence lol. yea i picked up a 95 kawi zx-6 earlier this year. i live about 30 mi south of bakersfield. good luck finding work though. down here there is nothing!

OP
OP
freebyrd

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
yea fresno sucks...no offence lol. yea i picked up a 95 kawi zx-6 earlier this year. i live about 30 mi south of bakersfield. good luck finding work though. down here there is nothing!

whats your ambulance company? american ambulance has fresno kings madera and tulare county,
they are the big dog up here,
in fact i got my training from them
good folks, i put in my resume with them last thursday, i am expecting to get a callback,

if you are ever riding up this way give me a shout,we can go cruzin' i only have a harley though, so i am not sure i can keep up with your kawi :D

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
best of luck in your job search and welcome :)

san francisco emt here- cheers!

vamike

Forum Crew Member
Welcome bro!

OP
OP
freebyrd

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
Just left Fresno last October for the laid-back rural life.

really!? cool~ how do you like ohio? i am not opposed to relocating for a job in fact i am going to send resumes to ems companies all around the western states

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
really!? cool~ how do you like ohio? i am not opposed to relocating for a job in fact i am going to send resumes to ems companies all around the western states

I grew up in this area. Moved in the same home I moved into when I was 6 years old and in the first grade. I'm right across the street from the Volunteer Fire Department and regained my EMT-B so I can run with the department again. I'm considering paramedic school, but there are some things I have to work out yet.