Health Insurance

Bonnie

Forum Ride Along
Good day guys :)

Im Bonnie Walters, From Minnesota, I am shopping around for my health insurance and I'm hoping I can get opinions from everybody here about which ones to avoid and which ones you have had a good experience with. I have been surfing the net for good insurance, I came into [removed by MMiz] has anyone tried online insurance? how effective is the online quote system? can i depend my money on this?

thanks in advance.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I don't think you'll find too much information here - we are volunteer and paid emergency medical technicians - a lot of us don't deal with insurance except for ourselves, but plans differ so much from location to location that our advice might not be very useful.

Anyone else have a comment?

Good luck in your search. :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Nope, I think you pretty much covered it, Capt.

Best advice is to shop around and look at all of the benefits and costs before deciding.

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Personally, I don't quite like the looks of that site. And really look into what your insurance will or won't let you do (i.e. I have Blue Cross Blue Shield; the HMO would not have allowed surgery with a clean MRI, but PPO allowed the surgery.)

bumpus

Forum Probie
GaEMT said:
Looks like an advertisement to me

My first thought, too. Your first post on an EMT site, and you ask about insurance, along with providing their website? Hmm.

OP
OP
B

Bonnie

Forum Ride Along
Yeah thanks for the tip,:)
ill try to find whats best., i am comparing prices now.,because the site has known companies also. any more suggestion guys?

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
Hi Bonnie;
i would caution that you find some manner of consumer report, or other rating system before you buy into any health care deal

it's unfortunate, but these are the days of dwindling benefits vs. skyrocketing preminums, and there is no shortage of those sorts who's offerings are nothing more than a maze of fine print

good luck

~S~

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hey Bonnie, welcome to EMTLife. Tell us about yourself.

doc5242

Forum Crew Member
bumpus said:
My first thought, too. Your first post on an EMT site, and you ask about insurance, along with providing their website? Hmm.

I agree, I smell a Spammer, almost all ems agencys provide insurance, I switched companies due to the fact that one place i was paying 180.00 a pay for benefits, my new place i dont pay a cent and there union.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
It's clear that you've spammed various discussion forums and web sites with similar messages. Your message has been edited, and I ask that you not spam our community in the future.

I appreciate your understanding and cooperation!