Having Trouble Passing NREMT-B - Suggestions?

chrisen84

Forum Ride Along
Thank you CODE 3 and Matt.!! That website is great... oh and i actually just spent most f the day 2day making some flashcards...and yes.. i will not just make em and put them away... I'll use them Matt...lol Thx Guys

MattCA

Forum Crew Member
National Registry Tomorrow

Does anybody know any online practice tests? The test in the book I got seemed way too easy. Thanks.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
If you're testing tomorrow, it's time to relax and make sure you get enough sleep. Studying now is only going to confuse you. If you don't know it by now, you don't know it....

MattCA

Forum Crew Member
Well I would just like to run over some test to tune myself. I ranked high in the class and did good on my final so I hope I pass!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Multiple studies have demonstrated, if you study < than a few days for a "big" exam; chances are you will do poorly. "Cramming, for a NREMT exam is not wise. Face it; either you know it or you don't...

R/r 911

FIREFIGHTER561

Forum Ride Along
i just took it yesteerday and i passed....just relax....my test stopped at 70 so dont let it scare you.....good luck...and be prepared for scenarios.

MattCA

Forum Crew Member
I have been studying but I just wanted some good practice tests because the ones in the book were too basic.

lsingleterry

Forum Probie
you will do as well as your preperation. that porbably does not sound very assuring, but it is a true statement. just put your best foot forward. when i took it the first time, i failed. came in three weeks later and i passed. you'll do fine! good luck on your exam.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ha! That's so funny, because my NREMT cut off really early and I thought I had missed too many and there was just no hope of passing, turns out I passed. I had been sitting in the room for literally 28 minutes when it shut off. I was in tears on my way home because I started to talk myself out of every single answer. The NREMT is a cruel test, it mind fvcks you!

Congrats on passing! Now get that EVOC/CEVO and find a job! Woohoo!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome!!

Welcome to the tribe and good luck, remember to BREATHE ;)

MattCA

Forum Crew Member
Ya I did the same thing. I was like well maybe that wasnt the right answer to this question...I know there was one that Im mad at my self for. It was that your working on some guy and he goes into cardiac arrest right in front of you, what do you do? I went through the question too fast and was like CPR duh. Than right when I clicked it I was like no, AED!

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
im probably going to catch a whole bunch of flak for this reply but...

put yourself in this scenario: you're having a medical emergency. do you want the person working on you to be a) a person who studied at an accredited school, studied hard and learned the material and did well on the exam or b) went to a budget rush em through emt mill and needed three tries before barely passing the exam?

if you really want to be an emt, then do it right. go back to school(a good one this time), study harder and longer and better and take your exam when you're ready.

then again, this is just my humble opinion.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Really, what does one expect from an half-arse course? Now, think you spent as much time re-doing and retesting if you had placed that time in a decent course.

Anyone that takes an accelerated course which is half arse, can assume to have the same results.

I caution those that plan to go from Paramedic to RN the same advice. Unless you have >5 years true hospital experience, it will bite you. Yes, you may pass the tests, even the board; but when you are assigned in a unit, floor.. You will see that you know very little.

Remember, even the strong educational facilities still only teach the minimum safety allowed. Get the best you can.. i..e. I have never seen anyone complain about graduating from Harvard Medical School.

R/r 911

MAGICFLEA

Forum Ride Along
Help with Practicals please. B)

Hey all!

I am in Columbia, SC.
I know this a question that has prolly been asked a bazzillion times before, BUT......

What is the best way to study for your EMT-B practicals? :unsure:

Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

reaper

Working Bum
Practice,practice,practice. Practice on your family, you boy or girl friend, your dog, whoever you can find. Drill them in your head, till they are second hand and you can do them in your sleep.

One thing with NREMT, they give you a skill sheet to follow. This is exactly what you will be tested on, so there is no surprises.

Oh did I mention, you need to practice!!