Have the admin considered offering a blog space, maybe for a premuim?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Some of our fellows seem to need to really decompress and it causes long posts (like mine), or some really incendiary and borderline ad hominem attacks, neither of which are conducive to the forum format I think.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Some of our fellows seem to need to really decompress and it causes long posts (like mine), or some really incendiary and borderline ad hominem attacks, neither of which are conducive to the forum format I think.

We will look into it, but that type of behavior won't be tolerated in the blogs either (if we decide to implement them).

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Right now vBulletin's blogging software is really pretty tedious to use. As a blogger I feel that you'd be better served by creating a blog at Blogspot.com or WordPress.org. I hope that in the future vBulletin refines their blogging software's features, but it seem as though they're really focusing on their next big forum software release.

Of course we'll discuss it and I'll see what we can do. There are some other great solutions out there that may be possible to implement.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Okay. I think you are right, open a blog elsewhere and link.

The work running a blog site would be that much more hoorah and detract from the forum. I see and agree.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I personally don't think it would detract from the forum, but I just feel as though our members would be much better served by using another service. I don't want to provide you a crummy service.

vBulletin is said to be working on many revisions for their blogging software, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and see what happens.

I think blogging/writing is important and a great way to reflect on your life experiences. Plus, it's always fun to look back at the blogs and see what you've written.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

I meant it would detract admin time from running the forum.

A relative has run a blogsite, and it can be like playing whack-a-mole on Ludes.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
A relative has run a blogsite, and it can be like playing whack-a-mole on Ludes.

My vote for post of the year...as a matter of fact, that may make it into my signature.

animal3.gif

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Feel free. I think I used it years ago on my blog, but it was erased.

I'll Google for it!
Thanks for the good job Admin does here.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Nope, go for it!

;)...............