Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I hope everyone has a fun, safe, and relaxing Memorial Day weekend!

Code:
 Ü
  Û * * * * * *ÛÛÛÛ²±Ü
  Û * * * * * ÛÛÛÛ²ÛÛ²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²±Ü
  Û * * * * * *ÛÛÛÛ²±±²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²±±²ÛÛÛÛÛ²±
  Û * * * * * ÛÛÛÛ²ÛÛ²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²±±²ÛÛÛÛÛ²±
  Û * * * * * ÛÛÛÛ²±±²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²±±²ÛÛÛÛÛ²±
  Û * * * * * ÛÛÛÛ²±±²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²±±²ÛÛÛÛÛ²±
  ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²±±²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²±±²ÛÛÛÛÛ²±
  Û           ß±²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ²±±²ÛÛÛÛÛ²±
  Û                   ß±²ÛÛÛÛÛ²±
  Û
  Û
  Û
  Û

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Happy Memorial day to all. Enjoy it, and take a moment to remember those who've made the ultimate sacrifice for us.

As for mine, well, wouldn't call it relaxing... :D

After a very quiet week (1 call in 5 days, I think), we caught 5 calls Friday during the day. 2 meds (a diff. breathing transport from a doc's office and a guy who thought he inhaled food at lunch), a guy dumping raw sewage from his apartment building (went about 2 blocks into the storm drain), a fire alarm, and...a boa constrictor trapped under a stove (you can't make this stuff up).

Friday night, about 1:30, we had to transport a woman with enough medical problems that she was telling the ER nurse what size IV needle to use. Got home from that at about 3 AM and got to get up at 6 AM.

Then, yesterday, we had one of our two big special events of the year in town...the Mount Wilson Trail Race. 100 runners starting out in the middle of town, running about 4 and half miles up the mountain, turning around and running back. Had an aid tent set-up at the finish line and treated about 15 minor abrasions, lacerations and strains. Also got to take the ambulance up to the trail head for another sprain (no transport, just a courtesy ride to the finish line).

Did I mention that yours truly had the ambulance for all this?

Then, just as I'm leaving the house to drop the ambulance off to my replacement, tones for a minor fall at the Catholic Church. No transport (she AMA'd), but I was glad to hand the keys off.

Off-duty today, but since my crew's on, I'll respond if we get anything.

Tomorrow, I get the utility truck during the day and the ambulance at night.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
We got pretty lucky and had a very quite weekend. One ATV accident (open femur fracture), a diabetic and a small wildland fire where we were cancelled about the time we went in route.