Has anyone taken the NY State refresher?

tony1

Forum Crew Member
Has anyone renently taken a NY State EMT-B refresher course? I had reciprocity in NY but it has lapsed and I am interested in flying out to renew it. Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any info regarding companies. I am from West Islip NY and would like to move back one day and work for a local service. I have spoken to Hunter over the phone and on my last trip out there I met some crews outside Lenox Hill Hosp. They were with Lenox Hill and AMR and seemed to enjoy their jobs in the city.

Thanks in advance.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
The refreasher is done over 2 or 3 months. It meets weekly.

You could do a challenge refreasher. You test out of most of the classes but 1 or2 will be required. Than you take the state written test. Again this is done over 2 to 3 months.

OP
OP
T

tony1

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for the info. Would you be able to shoot me a link to a website about this if one exists? I would like to know what the schedule would be.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
for a refreasher where? To a school? Is there a county you want? Nassau County? google Nassau county Remsco.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
than google Suffolf Remsco. This should have a list of emt classes and refreashers in this county. Check Nassau too. Hell check NYC Remsco. See which has the better schedule. Doesn't matter where you take it.