Happy NDWSE'S Everyone!

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
SC sucks

Ill agree thats why -I- am fortunate enough to get to...MOVE thankfully in another few months

Strike3

Forum Crew Member
I like a lot of things about Charleston, which is why I moved here, but damn, I figured with all the churches, that Christmas would be about Christmas.

I didn't expect all this Politically correct crap. Save that for Liberal CA where I moved from. :)

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Oh god all ****ing mighty...

How the hell did this NDWSE thread get catapaulted into a debate over whether or not we believe in God, Jesus, Allah, Satan, (Put your god here), or who the hell ever, then we get on the subject of being racist, yeah Im racist against stupidity, but jeez lets not make a big stink out of it. America is called the Melting pot for a reason, because we have one of the most racially diverse countries in the world. Then it gets into another argument about Christmas being legal or not? :rolleyes:

I say we wish each other merry happy what the **** ever we want and be merry about it.

Instead of moving forward I think we just jumped backwards...

Yes - Christmas is legal here
Yes - I live in a racially diverse state
Yes - The churches here do Christmas Plays
Yes - We have a live Nativity scene (with a baby doll for Jesus) as a matter of fact we have three in this town alone.
And I dont have a problem with all the Christmas stuff when its the week of Christmas, Just I hate it when everyone ELSE is making a big stink about it. And I hate Christmas before Dec. 15th, and After Dec.26th.

Now lets discuss EMS!!
Laisse discuter le SME !
¡Deja para discutir servicios médicos de la emergencia!

-CP

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok..I am thinking, everyone needs to take a step back, take a big ole breath and pull the panties out your rear ends.

Its the freakin holidays!! Now get some spirit....Or your gonna make me do a cheer....

WE'VE GO SPIRIT....

YES WE DO.....
[/SIZE] (spirit fingers everyone!!!)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This thread is now unlocked provided everyone can remain POLITE and CIVIL about it.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Im sugar and spice and everything nice!

Anway- Im wishing everyone a HappyMerry Christmaschanukwanzakah - there did I hit all the bases and remain polite?? :D

ptemt

Forum Crew Member
Borrowed from another forum:

Just a preview of what the world is coming to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHRISTMAS PARTY ANNOUNCEMENT

TO: All Employees

DATE: November 8, 2005

RE: Christmas Party

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23, starting at noon in the private function room at the Grill House. There will be a cash bar and plenty of drinks! We'll have a small band playing traditional carols...feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if our CEO shows up dressed as Santa Claus! A Christmas tree will be lit at 1:00 pm. Exchange of gifts among employees can be done at that time; however, no gift should cost more than $10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets. This gathering is only for employees!

Our CEO will make a special announcement at that time!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Patty

RE: Holiday Party

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Chanukah is an important holiday, which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year. However, from now on we're calling it our "Holiday Party." The same policy applies to any other employees who are not Christians or those still celebrating Reconciliation Day. There will be no Christmas tree present. No Christmas carols sung. We will have other types of music for your enjoyment.

Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Patty

DATE: November 9, 2005

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table ... you didn't sign your name. I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA Only"; you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody?

Forget about the gifts exchange; no gifts exchange are allowed since the union members feel that $10.00 is too much money and executives believe $10.00 is a little chintzy.

NO GIFTS EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.

Patty

To: All Employees

DATE: November 10, 2005

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 20 begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon at this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs. Perhaps the Grill House can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party - or else package everything for you to take home in a little foil doggy baggy. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Weight Watchers to sit farthest from the dessert buffet and pregnant women will get the table closest to the restrooms. Gays are allowed to sit with each other. Lesbians do not have to sit with Gay men, each will have their own table. Yes, there will be flower arrangement for the Gay men's table.

To the person asking permission to cross dress, no cross-dressing allowed, though. We will have booster seats for short people. Low-fat food will be available for those on a diet. We cannot control the salt used in the food - we suggest for those people with high blood pressure to taste first. There will be fresh fruits as dessert for Diabetics, the restaurant cannot supply "No Sugar" desserts. Sorry!

Did I miss anything?!?!?

Patty

DATE: November 11, 2005

RE: The Stupid Holiday Party

Vegetarian pricks - I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at the Grill House whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "grill of death," as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your stupid salad bar, including organic tomatoes. But you know, tomatoes have feelings, too. They scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream right NOW!

I hope you all have a rotten holiday! Drive drunk and die,

The ***** from HELL!!!!!!!!

DATE: November 13, 2005

RE: Patty Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Patty Lewis a speedy recovery and I'll continue to forward your cards to her. In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party.

Happy Holidays!

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Strike3@Dec 8 2005, 10:58 AM
Christ...

Before you all jump down my ****ing throat, find out why I made the comment. Inside joke or not, the state I live in, SC, will not let Christmas be put on anything. It's Merry Holidays, or whatever you will.

The Christmas pagent is now the Holiday Pagent.

I'm tired of this PC crap. That's all. It's just old.

TTLWHKR....Thanks for the support. You're obviously bent on not letting anyone have their own opinion without even asking why. Good one. :rolleyes:
Oh get a life..

It wasn't a religious post.

IT'S A JOKE.

Past EMTLife Post

Another old post

Today I shoveled around my 8' tall non denominational winter season decoration, aka "a star". We had 13" of this stuff called "Dusting to an inch". I hung my non denominational red and blue, flashing holiday lights last week. Didn't fall off the ladder, but I pinched my finger putting it down. So the house looks like a giant vector bar, with a star you can see three miles away. The star was 185.00 at Walmart. I suggest everyone gets one.. But don't mount it to anything flammable, that lil b**tard gets HOT! Has the snow all melted around it.. But with that wind, if I could get all the snow to drift that way, maybe it would all melt. Then again, if I could get a few more stars, and my own power system.. I could probably create my own little tropical enviroment.

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by ptemt@Dec 9 2005, 03:30 PM
Borrowed from another forum:

Just a preview of what the world is coming to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHRISTMAS PARTY ANNOUNCEMENT

RE: Christmas Party

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23, starting at noon in the private function room at the Grill House. There will be a cash bar and plenty of drinks! We'll have a small band playing traditional carols...feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if our CEO shows up dressed as Santa Claus! A Christmas tree will be lit at 1:00 pm. Exchange of gifts among employees can be done at that time; however, no gift should cost more than $10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets. This gathering is only for employees!

Our CEO will make a special announcement at that time!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Patty

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Chanukah is an important holiday, which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year. However, from now on we're calling it our "Holiday Party." The same policy applies to any other employees who are not Christians or those still celebrating Reconciliation Day. There will be no Christmas tree present. No Christmas carols sung. We will have other types of music for your enjoyment.

Happy now?

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Patty

DATE: November 9, 2005

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table ... you didn't sign your name. I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA Only"; you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. How am I supposed to handle this? Somebody?

Forget about the gifts exchange; no gifts exchange are allowed since the union members feel that $10.00 is too much money and executives believe $10.00 is a little chintzy.

NO GIFTS EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.

Patty

To: All Employees

DATE: November 10, 2005

What a diverse group we are! I had no idea that December 20 begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours. There goes the party! Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon at this time of year does not accommodate our Muslim employees' beliefs. Perhaps the Grill House can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party - or else package everything for you to take home in a little foil doggy baggy. Will that work?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Weight Watchers to sit farthest from the dessert buffet and pregnant women will get the table closest to the restrooms. Gays are allowed to sit with each other. Lesbians do not have to sit with Gay men, each will have their own table. Yes, there will be flower arrangement for the Gay men's table.

To the person asking permission to cross dress, no cross-dressing allowed, though. We will have booster seats for short people. Low-fat food will be available for those on a diet. We cannot control the salt used in the food - we suggest for those people with high blood pressure to taste first. There will be fresh fruits as dessert for Diabetics, the restaurant cannot supply "No Sugar" desserts. Sorry!

Did I miss anything?!?!?

Patty

DATE: November 11, 2005

RE: The Stupid Holiday Party

Vegetarian pricks - I've had it with you people!!! We're going to keep this party at the Grill House whether you like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the "grill of death," as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your stupid salad bar, including organic tomatoes. But you know, tomatoes have feelings, too. They scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream right NOW!

I hope you all have a rotten holiday! Drive drunk and die,

The ***** from HELL!!!!!!!!

DATE: November 13, 2005

RE: Patty Lewis and Holiday Party

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Patty Lewis a speedy recovery and I'll continue to forward your cards to her. In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party.

Happy Holidays!
THAT IS HILARIOUS!

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
And yes EMTLife WILL have a Christmas party (OK via Chat anyhow IF the chatroom is up and working) :blink: :unsure:

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
HEY!! Someones gotta stand up for the hard working, extremely talented, does an awesome job, bestest website guy on the Net....Matt.

but it won't be me :D :p

I am working Christmas...so a chat party is out for me :( But you guys have fun.

IF it is working by the :p

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I keep forgetting that to open chat I have to push "Ctrl" to over ride my popup blocker. I thought it hadn't been working for months.

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Heh

Send the snow my way will you??

granted I hate the cold, but Id love a good hard snow storm just for the hecticness itg would cause...southerners cannot function....