Handling home-life (from the woman who's trying to gain some perspective)

azbrewcrew

Forum Crew Member
I think you need to have a serious sit down come to Jesus (or Allah if that's your thing) with him and decide if this relationship is truly what you both want. Theres a reason why divorce rates are so high in public safety...this lifestyle isnt for everyone. Its better to have that chat now before it becomes legal and ends up being a huge mess.

berkeman

Forum Lieutenant
Does he have any other shift options? Does his company offer 24-hour shifts? If so, he could work those and spend less time commuting and have more off-time.

OP
OP
B

Beth1209

Forum Ride Along
Handsome Robb, we're not living paycheck to paycheck. He just wants to have enough money for our future, which is understandable. I think he'll find a balance eventually and we should come to an understanding where we aren't struggling. The night shifts, I think, have just been killing me.

Tigger, thank you. The paper analogy really helped. As a researcher, I can always expand my thesis, but I usually shouldn't. I'm definitely going to try this comparison with him.

Azbrewcrew, we've had that chat plenty of times. This is far from easy, but leaving isn't an option for us. We won't give up. It might be the hopeless Shakespearean bit in me, but I firmly believe love conquers all and I'm willing to go the distance no matter how great the adversity. He's the same way.

Berkeman, unfortunately, the company does not offer 24-hour shifts. However, he can put in availability, so I'm going to see if he can make an adjustment there.

Thank you all again for the support and the feedback. You're truly helping me through this and gain some insight on how I can help him/handle this new lifestyle as a partner.