Half way through EMT-B in FL

emscrazy1

Forum Lieutenant
I am a few chapters out from being half way done with EMT-B school and I am just wondering if anyone else felt like they were confused or felt like they didn't know anything. We are just now being able to start our ride alongs so I haven't been in the field yet. I know my pt assessment, opqrst, sample, avpu, etc. I just don't know all of my respiratory emergencies, cardiac, neuro...Just checking if everyone else felt this way about midway through the course.

StickySideDown

Forum Crew Member
Half way through my course I was still putting together things, and was still iffy about other things. By the end of the course everything will tie together and you will most likely understand everything.

As for the calls you don't know much about the best thing to do is read the material in the book, and then read it again. Ask for help from your instructors/other students. No question is a stupid question, the information isn't just going to come to you, you have to go get it!

Good Luck!

SnaKiZe

Forum Crew Member
I am a few chapters out from being half way done with EMT-B school and I am just wondering if anyone else felt like they were confused or felt like they didn't know anything. We are just now being able to start our ride alongs so I haven't been in the field yet. I know my pt assessment, opqrst, sample, avpu, etc. I just don't know all of my respiratory emergencies, cardiac, neuro...Just checking if everyone else felt this way about midway through the course.

Yep. Untill we learned those, my class and I, loved to say "We'll treat that appropiately.

Until then, we gradually phased in emergencies and treatments.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief

Confused, no.

I knew I didn't know anything though

OP
OP
E

emscrazy1

Forum Lieutenant
With all of those replies I feel a lot better. I am going to schedule my first ride along tomorrow. I am looking forward to getting some hands on experience. Hope I don't get puked on. haha :)