Guitarists?

Phlipper

Forum Lieutenant
Been playing since 8 years old, now 47 with years and years of banging around in clubs on the weekends. Last five years I've been playing classic rock, blues, and country with some guys near Sanford, NC. We all hunt, fish, play music, ride motorcycles (most of us) and are good friends outside the band. Rare to find.

Play only G&L Legacys and Peavey Classic amps. Currently gigging Classic 50 head and matching 2x12 cab with a Classic 50 2x12 combo on standby (not that I've ever needed a backup to a Peavey amp).

Cclearly3

Forum Crew Member
I play the piano (going on 13 years) and I play a red Ibanez electric and a Fender CD60 acoustic guitar.

rockstar

Forum Ride Along
I have a mexican fat strat, a dean flying v, a kramer striker 300st (with original floyd rose tremelo) and a rouge electric/acoustic. I use a 15 watt line 6 spider 3, got rid of my half stack last year.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

Forum Captain
I have a mexican fat strat, a dean flying v, a kramer striker 300st (with original floyd rose tremelo) and a rouge electric/acoustic. I use a 15 watt line 6 spider 3, got rid of my half stack last year.

Does the Fender have two single pickups and one humbucker, or two humbuckers? I have what is apprently a "double fat strat" which isn't made anymore, and it has two humbuckers.

rockstar

Forum Ride Along
It has a humbucker and 2 singles, I tore it apart a couple years ago and refinished it, shaved the frets down and some other little tricks, did the same to my kramer and flyin v, I've been playing for 17 years, but now with kids and work and school. I don't play as much as I used to.

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Have my undergrad in vocal performance, taught voice a few years and beginning piano, but I got irritated with the students LOL. I tinkered with guitar, but never really learned more than enough to help whoever was playing for whatever church band I was with figure out their stuff. I also dabbled with violin for a bit. I have a candy pink violin that I adore. I really should pull it out and see if it's o.k. It's been in storage a few years now. I'm afraid both my guitar and violin may have a bent neck by now as I don't think I ever loosened the strings.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Started playing guitar in 1969. Still have my acoustic Ovation from then. Mid-seventies I picked up a Takamine 12-string which has been an incredible companion, but now needs major repair.

Honestly? After 40+ years I have about 20 chords in my repertoire, cannot play lead, I cannot follow along with anyone playing songs I know (chord-deficit paralysis syndrome - I WILL NOT sit in), and every time I try to do a cover, I fall asleep.

I DO, however have about 16 kick-*** original songs that I've been performing since 2000 in all sorts of venues, dives, gatherings, open-mics, paid performances here and there, and even two half-hour shows on MANAO Radio, which is really one of the finest independent, non-commercial stations in the country!

Here's a video up on my website of my playing a piece at the largest Anti-War Art Exhibition in the country, here on Maui.