grads of Percom's medic training...

griffithsgriffin

Forum Crew Member
...were you able to find employment successfully upon completing their program?

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
...were you able to find employment successfully upon completing their program?

Additional question: If you're not from TX, were you able to find clinicals elsewhere?

wanderingmedic

RN, Paramedic
Additional question: If you're not from TX, were you able to find clinicals elsewhere?

Yes. They have a contract with Rural Metro so if you live anywhere Rural Metro serves you can do clinicals.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions. I'm through AEMT and finishing up Paramedic (P2 EMT400) with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes. They have a contract with Rural Metro so if you live anywhere Rural Metro serves you can do clinicals.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions. I'm through AEMT and finishing up Paramedic (P2 EMT400) with them.

Oh! That's terrific, actually, I'm in a city where R/M has the 911 contract! How was the skills component, they fly you down to TX for them, no?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Oh! That's terrific, actually, I'm in a city where R/M has the 911 contract! How was the skills component, they fly you down to TX for them, no?

You fly yourself down for the skills components.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

That's not too bad, probably plenty of flights. I'm thinking of doing my AEMT thru them.

wanderingmedic

RN, Paramedic

Yep, you will have to go down there for skills. You can find a hotel for about $30 a night.

There are also some hospital rotations you will have to do. Call them and explain your situation. They might have hospital contracts already setup in your area. They will not allow you to do skills and testing back to back, so you usually have about a week in between your last skills session and your skills testing before you can go home. I used that week for my hospital rotations.

Last edited by a moderator:

wanderingmedic

RN, Paramedic
Here is a link to their youtube channel which has introduction videos to their Paramedic Program Courses. The P1 video should give you a better idea of how the program works.